Uk Ds Launch

who's throwing a fit and wtf are you talking about? How am I throwing a fit exactly and what about? what gba screen fiasco? No one would say "I hope the GBA kills the GP32" because they are not even in the same ballpark... sure they are both handhelds but their missions in life are vastly different... I dont think GBA fans care less how well the GP does or vice versa.

Well, I've only ever had this one experience with Nintendo, and from beginning to end they were FANTASTIC about the whole thing, when my DS was defective. I've dealt with Sony several times, most recently regarding a major defect with my Vega TV, and before that, with a defective PS2... and they were a pain in the ass... with the PS2 it was the common "wont read blue disks" (or was it that it would ONLY read blue disks I forget now) problem, which even back then was like... very common knowledge, so many people had had this happen to them, but the Sony rep insisting to me that "we've never heard of this problem before" and that it was a $150 repair, even though my system was under warranty, they were insisting that it was most likely something I had done.

As for the PSP defects, saying they 'didn't do it on purpose' isn't exactly accurate... any defect is a fault on the manufacturing company because this is what QA people are supposed to be there for, to test these things before they go out to market and make sure they are defect free. I would have to say that whoever has been in charge of the QA on the PSP up to now has been napping on the job. Their lack of attention to the matter makes it their fault. They have just had too many problems... but isn't that Sony's reputation as well? "Never buy from the first run of a new Sony system/product as they ALWAYS have problems". Sony have only stated they are replacing units with the sticking square button, what about the other problems? Rumor has it they are being mighty choosy about which defects they will actually cover under warranty for those in Japan. I have heard several times, with dead pixels, for instance, that they would only fix/replace the unit if it had 'excessive' dead pixels... at least four. That is BS, IMO.

See... for all the love I spout for the PSP, so much so that I've been labeled a Sony Fanboy numerous times... I do gripe about the thing quite a bit :)

Ok out of 3 warranty claims nintendo asked me to pay twice. I rang up and said that the shitty battery cover broke on my GBA. She said they would look at it but it was most likely my fault (Bull f#$%in shit) I thought. Anyway I described how it broke and that it was their fault, she said it was mine and to send ten dollars (10 dollars for a friggin battery cover????). Anyway I should have contacted the Australian Consumer and Competition Commision or is it the FTA? I can't remember anyway I should have complained they didn't honour the warranty. Second time the shitty cover of the AC adapter broke, same shit.

With the GBA cover I just gave the GBA back to Kmart for a replacement hehe, but with the AC adapter I just kept it (they wanted $15 for the AC adapter cover).

Finally my GBA had a dead pixel right in the middle and they told me to get lost nicely :p

So my experiences with Nintendos warranty returns has been very bad. I suspect Sony's is around the same, but I haven't had to return anything to them before.

heh... wow that is pretty bad. Well I guess they just all suck then *shrug* I must have just got lucky to have the one problem with the one system that they felt it was something they should cover... or maybe they have been making lots of changes to their customer service policies lately?

I droped my ds :p
Tw2ce now :D And 1nce was down the stairs(we got alot of stairs).
Ok to change the tone, 43 quid to spend at gamestation + 20 anywhere. what should I get

From things I've heard about Nintendo Australia from many people, kotd is not alone in his feelings. Here in Australia Nintendo just don't care about the systems or cutomer service. In fact many of the people who work there don't even know what games are available. I know of one person who rang up Nintendo Aus HQ to purchase a broadband adaptor so they could play linked Mario Kart and was told something along the lines of 'why do want one of them, Gamecube is not online in Australia'. In that instance I'm actually surprised they knew they were selling it.

I had a dealing with Sony once when I had an original model PSX that had major laser skipping problems and the service was stellar. I had to take it to my local Sony HQ but it was fixed within 3 days and completely under warranty. This is the only time I've dealt with Sony and it was local but on that occasion the service was excellent.

Ah to be in the days of the PSX again, where every Del Boy had a Sony repair liscense, and most of them would chip it for you too.

hi, i took a load of crap into gamestation on friday after school and it all came up to £170 which i was very happy about! i got a DS in a deal with 3 games for either £160 or £170, i cant remember. i got the last mario 64 DS (the best ever game!) , project rub, and dont hit me, but i had to get pokemon dash, it was like the only other game left. mario 64 DS is really, really, really good, ive got about 43 stars at the moment and im loving every one of them. Project rub is a really strange game, its got a cool graphic style though and uses the touch screen pretty damn well. pokemon dash on the other hand <_< is a bit rank, well quite a bit, i didnt want it anyway the man kind of forced me to buy it... but anyway ive found the DS to be bloody good and the touch screens great. :rolleyes:

I picked Up my copy of SM64DS and I cannot believe how different it feels to play. Awesome game.
Zoo Keepers is my next buy, then polarium out of my remain credit note and few quid. After that I'll lay off until I get money for others.
(I plan to own at least 6 of the launch titles)

White Demon posted on Mar 20 2005 at 12:40 PM said:
From things I've heard about Nintendo Australia from many people, kotd is not alone in his feelings. Here in Australia Nintendo just don't care about the systems or cutomer service. In fact many of the people who work there don't even know what games are available. I know of one person who rang up Nintendo Aus HQ to purchase a broadband adaptor so they could play linked Mario Kart and was told something along the lines of 'why do want one of them, Gamecube is not online in Australia'. In that instance I'm actually surprised they knew they were selling it.

I had a dealing with Sony once when I had an original model PSX that had major laser skipping problems and the service was stellar. I had to take it to my local Sony HQ but it was fixed within 3 days and completely under warranty. This is the only time I've dealt with Sony and it was local but on that occasion the service was excellent.

Yep Nintendo of Australia are f$#% heads. Probably why I have a bit of nintendo hatred hehehe

Last edited by a moderator:
GoldenEye:RA looks so much better than the home console version(which was absolute shite). I think I will save my 63 quid and wait for some more ds games.
aoera001.jpg

Does the official nintendo mag have alot on ds at the mo?

yup but The ds ver looks sweet. I never played the n64 one
I heared that rare are still alowed to make games for handhelds so there could be a perfect dark ds or even GoldenEye 64 ds.

Mr Pants... mmmmmm

actually a fun little game but it gets difficult fast!

Back