Uk Release, Yeah Sure, Whatever!

bibblesplat

Still Fresh
Not posted for a while but still have a looksie around and discovered the great news about the GPX2 and XGP, but...

as usual, we in the UK will miss out on a cool console. I mean, we apparently have the most usable income outside the US, but what the Koreans know! I know for a fact if the XGP or the GPX2 was marketed properly it would sell like hot cakes. I mean, the PSP is £179.99 which in my eyes is a rip off.

Does anyone remember when the PC Engine was released in Japan in the late 80's, we missed out on that even though the machine was better than the megadrive and the snes. COME ON GAMEPARK, LISTEN, UK PEOPLE WANT THE XGP AND GPX2!! Get the gamepark name on the map instead of the odd article in a lads mag!

If anyone thinks I am talking out of my arse or knows differently about a UK release please let me know :)

I don't have a GP32 anymore, I got a Zod and that sucked, so I sold that, now I have a small laptop which plays anything at full speed, sorry for selling out but I am waiting for the new gp consoles to come on the market

just buy it from gbax, gbax is in uk, and they are at the moment the biggest retailer and part of the developement.

I wuldn't be suprised if the new gen GPs didnt get a UK-wide release. If they did, it'd be likely to bankrupt the company and end up with it sinking into oblivion. If the sales go through th roof, which they are unlikely to do with such a niche system, then ok, but other than that who cares? As long as the community stays alive, what does it matter that you can only get it through a few places? I'd prefer it to stay like that, and for the company to stay afloat!

Just enjoy :)

Yup, the GPX2 will definitely be available in the UK via GBAX, not sure about the XGP, looks like a PSP rip-off to me.

As for the PSP's price, well I bought mine for well over £200, and still think it was worth it :) I don't play any commercial games on it mind, as about 98% of them are crap, but the emu's rule :)

Yup, I paid well over £200 to play Sonic the Hedgehog :D I must be nuts, or something...

Squidge, if u like racers (I do) get Ridge Racer & Wipeout, both are top notch on PSP. It's fun seeing the hardware actually being used. ;)

And I'll try to make it available in Germany, so we have the gpx2 easily available in UK and Germany.

I agree with squidge, the psp 1.00 or 1.50 rules just as much in emulation as it does in commercial (though I must say at current there only about 4 games worth getting in my eyes). I tried snes and neo cd & lynx on it (have'nt tried others because there so good on gp32) and they all rule !! The reason I choose those emus because there not perfect on gp32 and the speed does help !! If I have to get another psp because I would lose homebrew on it, I definately would get another and it would be worth it !! (nice white one - matching set). Cant lose fastloader !! Have to pay for stuff then !!

EvilDragon posted on Aug 29 2005 at 11:33 AM said:
And I'll try to make it available in Germany, so we have the gpx2 easily available in UK and Germany.

Cool, make sure you give us the details for ordering, once you got everything set up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Julius posted on Aug 29 2005 at 04:34 PM said:
EvilDragon posted on Aug 29 2005 at 11:33 AM said:
And I'll try to make it available in Germany, so we have the gpx2 easily available in  UK and Germany.

Cool, make sure you give us the details for ordering, once you got everything set up.

Well, for Germany, everything you need to know is on www.gpx2.de
As soon as I know the final price, I take preorders.

And regarding the UK sales, you'll find all informations (as soon as they are known) on www.gbax.com

Last edited:
Prophet posted on Aug 29 2005 at 12:27 PM said:
Squidge, if u like racers (I do) get Ridge Racer & Wipeout, both are top notch on PSP. It's fun seeing the hardware actually being used. ;)

I've already got Ridge racers and Wipeout :) Got RR with the console, and Wipeout second hand (even though the seller said it was new...)

I dunno, I've got a 1.5 PSP and I can't say I've bothered to keep any Emulators for very long, Just recently I downloaded the MD,GBC,SNES,and NeoGeoCD emmulators and the only ones that I've had an easier time playing on it was the GBC... and I think I had it set to 333mhz.

The NeogeoCD seems to be a hassle because I can't even seem to get MetalSlug 1 to run on it or even a simpler game like Diftout. The SNES needs to be clocked up to 333 and left unstretched play normally. The Genesis and TG16 emus worked okay but largely anything 8 bit and Genesis I have no trouble playing on the GP32.

I play Lumines more than I do emulators on my PSP.

NeoCD runs beautifully. You're doing something wrong, Metal Slug 1 and 2 both run perfectly.

Here's what I do. First of all, get WinRAR on your PC. Open your ISO in WinRAR and extract the contents to a folder. Now just copy that folder to your PSP MS and name it something nice, like "Metal Slug." :). If you have a good ISO, it should run perfectly. If you want music (I highly recommend re-encoding your MP3's at a lower bitrate so they take up less space) then just make a folder inside your Metal Slug folder called "neocd.mp3" and place the mp3's inside there.

And if you're not using Smiths latest unofficial build, you might want to try that. It's nice. Get it here: http://emuholic.emuboards.com/modules.php?...article&sid=996

Also, are you using SNES TYL? Because there is no speed hit from stretching.

Also try NesterJ, HUE (plays PCE CD games full speed fs0!) and Rin. Great emus.

Yeah I was using Rin, probably the only thing I can say I wouldnt mind keeping on the MS if there were more games I wanted to play on it. I hadn't tried the PCE/TG16 emus since the early ones came out for PSP because I'd been so spoiled with a hacked Magic engine on my computer and been dissapointed the last time I used HuGo. Concidering I see almost no issues with NES on GP32 (and I can already fit 90% of my collection on a SMC) I probably will only take a quick look at it on PSP sometime in the future, no rush for me on that. I forget which SNES emu I was using but I assumed it was the more advanced and recent one, I'll have to double check.

But now it's confirmed for me why I can't play the NeoCD emulator... I dont have any NeoCDs. I assumed since it was NeoGeo that it would still be able to play the Roms but I guess that's too much to ask. Screw it, I'm not interested intracking down and downloading CDs over 56k and then having to rip sound tracks to mp3. It's too much trouble.

I am going to get a PSP ( dont worry my gp32 will never get shelved (until i get my gpx2!)
i will be playing lots of emus. what is the firmware issue on the psp? do i need a particular one? if so why? (if only everything was as simple as a gp32)

i know this is technicaly a PSP question , but i trust you guys when it comes to this kind of stuff

The issue is that you can only run unofficial apps on 1.5 firmware and below which have been cracked. There is talk that a firmware downgrader will be released on sep. 1 though that will reverse 1.5+ (but not 2.0).

Eventually... presumably 2.0 will be cracked. and then Sony will come out with a 2.1 that you'll need to upgrade to play commercial games.

Alpha2 posted on Aug 30 2005 at 01:58 AM said:
The issue is that you can only run unofficial apps on 1.5 firmware and below which have been cracked. There is talk that a firmware downgrader will be released on sep. 1 though that will reverse 1.5+ (but not 2.0).

Eventually... presumably 2.0 will be cracked. and then Sony will come out with a 2.1 that you'll need to upgrade to play commercial games.

Until they discover what the checks look for and crack the firmware to spoof a newer version

as i sayd before, the psp firmware holds the lib's sued by the software, you cant "spoof" them when they are not there, they just have to add a new lib and we are locked out again. besides i doubt 2.0 will be cracked anytime soon, looks like the software hacks are near thair limit, what we need is a external device to change the firmware or a modchip.

Back