Ultimate Fenix V0.1 Available

Puck2099

Certified Guru
Website
www.gp32wip.com
I've just uploaded my first public version of Ultimate Fenix.

ufenix.jpg

This version make use of Fenix engine 0.92a (the "old" Fenix uses 0.84 engine), so it has fixed bugs, improvements, etc.

Logically games compiled with 0.84 will not work, so you will have to recompile them.

Please, read the txt included for more information.

You can download it here.

Sweet, gonna try it soon!

@Sam: got the same problem in one of my games, once I find out why, I let you know.

Quiest said:
Sweet, gonna try it soon!

@Sam: got the same problem in one of my games, once I find out why, I let you know.
Quiest, take a look at test6 and test7, now works the problem you reported about strings ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anybody know if the source of Nazcadreams is available?
Maybe it runs fine with this new Fenix version :)

EDIT: Damn. Just saw that it was indeed released, but Nazcas Site on gp32spain.com doesn't exist anymore... does anyone have the sourcecode?

Puck2099 said:
EvilDragon said:
Does anybody know if the source of Nazcadreams is available?
Maybe it runs fine with this new Fenix version :)
Mmmm, I have it :)

Let me try to compile it... ;)

Woooooot :D :D :D
I still love that game :)

Last edited:
Puck2099 said:
EvilDragon said:
Woooooot :D :D :D
I still love that game :)
What problems did it have with previous Fenix version?

I'm trying and it looks to work fine :)

After running to the second screen (the cave on the right), the whole game began to stutter and became unplayable when you used the flight-Rings.

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
After running to the second screen (the cave on the right), the whole game began to stutter and became unplayable when you used the flight-Rings.
Mmm, I tried it without music... Let me test it this evening (I must go in some minutes) and I'll inform you :)

Regards

Very nice! Thanks a lot! This will come in handy, since I'm almost only coding Fenix. Also nice to hear you will try to make use of the GP2X hardware better. Perhaps some more power-hungry games will be runnable in the future.

Sad thing it wasn't released a week ago though, then I wouldn't have had to rewrite my game to get around the string-bug. :)

Imerion said:
Sad thing it wasn't released a week ago though, then I wouldn't have had to rewrite my game to get around the string-bug. :)
Oh, what a bad luck :(

About two or three weeks ago I offered to give private versions to everybody that asked me one, it's a pity you didn't see the other topic :(

Back