Ultimate Fenix V0.1 Available

Puck2099, thanks for the new version ;)

Does this version have the music bug? I'd like to do a new version of Ghostpix with music.

Puck2099 said:
Marc_RC said:
Puck2099, thanks for the new version ;)

Does this version have the music bug? I'd like to do a new version of Ghostpix with music.
What is exactly that bug? :unsure:

Hm, maybe the same that made Nazcadreams stutter on the old version on the gp2x? :)

Last edited:
Puck2099 said:
EvilDragon said:
Hm, maybe the same that made Nazcadreams stutter on the old version on the gp2x? :)
It happens with heavy mod files, just use a ogg file and all it's ok ;)

:D Heh :)
So the GP32 had a better mod player compared to the gp2x? :)

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
:D Heh :)
So the GP32 had a better mod player compared to the gp2x? :)
I'm not sure. I think Chui implemented mikmod in the own SDL_mixer, but I'm using the static library separately.

Anyway, my idea is to remove all SDL from Fenix (something not easy because it's used for almost all) and then start to optimize using extra features as second core, hardware blitter...

I think when I finish the thing I'm preparing to release in some days and then the other thing in which I'm working also, I'll start to work in removing SDL from Fenix ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Geez, removing SDL and use hardware sounds pretty good.
Makes some amazing Fenix games possible :)

sam fisher said:
It just crashes and leaves no error log.
hi, today my script crashes too. but i found this err.
Program is compiled without error but after run crashes without any message.

i just only changed variable types.
in my struct i have INT but i loading only BYTE :(
after changing variable in struct to BYTE all is ok and program running.

Thanks for this Puck, it's _definently_ much faster than "normal" fenix for GP2X. My game also doesn't crash anymore when I die, so it's much better. :)

However, for some reason my games are now cut off at the bottom and right of the screen for some reason. :eek:
CODE
set_mode(320,240,16);

should be working fine, should it not? Can't figure this out.

Burbruee said:
Thanks for this Puck, it's _definently_ much faster than "normal" fenix for GP2X. My game also doesn't crash anymore when I die, so it's much better. :)
Great! :)

Burbruee said:
However, for some reason my games are now cut off at the bottom and right of the screen for some reason. :eek:
CODE
set_mode(320,240,16);

Do you mean with TV-Out active or playing on the LCD screen? It shoudn't have that problem on the LCD... :(

Puck2099 said:
Burbruee said:
Great! :)

Burbruee said:
CODE
set_mode(320,240,16);

Do you mean with TV-Out active or playing on the LCD screen? It shoudn't have that problem on the LCD... :(

Unfortunately, even on the LCD-screen. :(

Burbruee said:
Unfortunenly, even on the LCD-screen. :(
But do you mean the picture is moved out the screen (so you lose area from up-left and see black in down-right) or just the picture is cut on down-right?

Puck2099 said:
Burbruee said:
Unfortunenly, even on the LCD-screen. :(
But do you mean the picture is moved out the screen (so you lose area from up-left and see black in down-right) or just the picture is cut on down-right?

Picture is cut and I see black in right and bottom of the screen. (Wrong, see edit.)
Just tried another of my games, it displays perfectly fine, which must mean there's something sneaky going on in my code of the other game.
_sneaky.gif

However, on the other game I tried it runs much slower than with old fenix. Yet the first game runs faster but don't display properly.
I think I might need to look over how I write my code, and rewrite both games. :lol:

EDIT: Bottom is cut and I see black for perhaps the last 20 pixels, horizontally there is nothing black, but instead it's moved outside of the gp2x screen.

Sorry, I guess I was wrong. Right is NOT cut, OR moved outside of screen.
But bottom and TOP is cut. I didn't notice at first, since the top of the screen is supposed to be black.
I just noticed how "Score" was missing.

I made some screens:

This is how it's supposed to look, screen taken by get_screen() function in fenix.
trollet2xshothn8.png

This is how it looks on my GP2X, screen taken by Panasonic NV-GS80.
trollet2xcopycx2.png

This worked perfect on the old Fenix2x, but still I find it strange that this error doesn't occur with all games.
I just downloaded Fenix 0.92a for my PC and tried to run it, works fine. So must be ufenix related?

I had the same problem with my ROTT port, I think it's a problem related to SDL.

In some hours or tomorrow I'll recompile it with another SDL version and give you a link to try it :)

Regards

Puck2099 said:
I had the same problem with my ROTT port, I think it's a problem related to SDL.

In some hours or tomorrow I'll recompile it with another SDL version and give you a link to try it :)

Regards
Thanks, I'll be sure to try it when it's posted. :)

ZOMG! what crazy game are you making there, Burbruee ??? :D

If you really will be able to remove all sdl from Fenix, that'll be great.

Quiest said:
ZOMG! what crazy game are you making there, Burbruee ??? :D

If you really will be able to remove all sdl from Fenix, that'll be great.
Oh the sheer novelty! A "layer on top of SDL" that is SDL free :lol:

Back