Unban Quasist

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont know him and dont know the reason of the ban, so i support this request (especially because of AAAA :))

I agree, but didn't Mali unban him before he left? Was he rebanned after that? Whatever the case, he still releases games for this comminity even while banned which should account for something!

He doesn't seem to be banned:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/user/13603-quasist/

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn't show there, but he is currently banned.

As Orion said he was unbanned a while ago. It didn't go well; the forum was in a state of upheaval at the time and he just added fuel to the fire. He was soon banned again. Personally I think it's a shame not to have him here, given his software contributions. I'm going to sleep on it for now, and let any other mods or ED have their say.

The last ban has been in effect for awhile now, it might be reasonable to reverse it. But something has to give on quasist side to quit the behavior that requires the ban (It may possible given that the pandora vs gph/ boards stuff has settled.). I also think some thought needs go into if this should be the last chance.

Never thought I'd say this, but having chatted with him on IRC I'd support a lift of the current ban; maybe a probation period like Hakmanplayer got on OP boards?

D.

fusion_power said:
Whats the story behind this ban? I only know Quasist from the name and that he made some interesting games.

Constantly trolling Craig, Pandora, Pandora fans.. he liked to call it "Pissdora." He actually stated he was a troll in his member title.

The tipping point was claiming that the Pandora team were going to die. Obviously not a serious death threat, but Chip figured enough was enough.

A probation period would be a good idea. And as Pickle suggests, one last chance to make good.

[edit] He would need to clean up his user page & sig.

Exophase said:
fusion_power said:
Whats the story behind this ban? I only know Quasist from the name and that he made some interesting games.

Constantly trolling Craig, Pandora, Pandora fans.. he liked to call it "Pissdora." He actually stated he was a troll in his member title.
Oh, heavy. Sounds like he belongs to the spanish GP2X Community. :D
Well, for a Pandora Hater, he makes decent Games and I guess we can be happy that they have found it's way onto the Pandora. ^^"

Pickle said:
The last ban has been in effect for awhile now, it might be reasonable to reverse it. But something has to give on quasist side to quit the behavior that requires the ban (It may possible given that the pandora vs gph/ boards stuff has settled.). I also think some thought needs go into if this should be the last chance.
agreed.

Gruso said:
The tipping point was claiming that the Pandora team were going to die. Obviously not a serious death threat, but Chip figured enough was enough.
Techincally, the pandora team die on a regular basis : AAA. :D

Gruso said:
I find 'pissdora' amusing too. But I can only guess from that IRC comment that he doesn't want to come back.
All he want is the truth to be said, so you can choose on a truth basis.

I would like to see him back on board.... Just dont expect him to be a sheep... but a black one ;)

Gruso said:
I find 'pissdora' amusing too. But I can only guess from that IRC comment that he doesn't want to come back.

It seems that way, like I said, he didnt ask me to make this thread. I just find him entertaining and think his games are excellent and this place could use some more active devs regardless of how eccentric and brilliant they are.

SONY said:
This is messed up!

I actually find it messed up that someone who is clearly as "special" as yourself became a mod on the other forum and quasist cant post here.

Iorgy77 said:
I dont want him back if he is not allowed to troll the pissdora :(

edit:Quasist on IRC after reading this thread...[quoted personal insult removed]

Oh whatever will we do without him..

Iorgy77 said:
I actually find it messed up that someone who is clearly as "special" as yourself became a mod on the other forum and quasist cant post here.
I say ban me here and unban quasist then.

EDIT: Lucky for you I just stepped down.

I am also pro unbanning Quasist, but he needs to stop to make comments like the ones linked in this thread.
It's okay to have an opinion, but one should not insult other people over it.

So bottom line, pro unban and closely watching him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back