Unofficial Openpandora Community Blog

We will probably get a Pandora to the Pandorapress website in the next 10 or so days as we can build up more units with these new cases.

craigix said:
We will probably get a Pandora to the Pandorapress website in the next 10 or so days as we can build up more units with these new cases.

This is awesome news. Now I'm grinning.

Also, would this be worth mentioning?
craigix said:
We do plan to use the Pandora case for a Pandora2, but I can't see A9 SOCs shipping until 2011 in any major numbers. Sure maybe some phone manufacturers will be able to get them in 2010, but smaller companies won't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vlynndar said:
Surely not. Pandora(1) is the topic and anything else is forums' blah blah ;)

craigix said:
Is Gruso getting a Pre-Release Panda? Sounds awesome.

Edit: @Butterman et-all, I don't disagree.

Vlynndar said:
mali said:
Vlynndar said:
Consider it not mentioned then ;)
I think it's worth mentioning. It could put some people's minds at ease - as in, maybe it would be possible to just buy the new board alone and upgrade your existing Pandora when the new version comes out (don't know how hard that would be...).

Esn said:
I think it's worth mentioning. It could put some people's minds at ease - as in, maybe it would be possible to just buy the new board alone and upgrade your existing Pandora when the new version comes out (don't know how hard that would be...).
I disagree. It's just an idea right now. MWeston didn't say anything on that issue yet and talking about Pandora2 when Pandora1 isn't even out the door might do more bad than good. I feel that it's not the right time for that.

Esn said:
Vlynndar said:
mali said:
Vlynndar said:

Fully agreed, it's good to know we won't need to be buying a brand new pandora in (approx) 2012. It's definitely going on openxile anyway.

Esn said:
Vlynndar said:
mali said:
Vlynndar said:

Fully agreed, it's good to know we won't need to be buying a brand new pandora in (approx) 2012. It's definitely going on openxile anyway.

Nova said:
Esn said:
Vlynndar said:
mali said:
Vlynndar said:

Now, now, let's not be hasty. It's still quite possible that it won't be quite so easy to just switch the insides around, and perhaps OP won't be selling the boards alone because of warranty issues... it's only a possibility right now. And heck, it's not like Craig hasn't been known to change his mind...

I'll just file it under 'Rumor" then. I still think it is relevant enough to go on a news site.

Sorry for the double post earlier btw.

Thanks for all the links n stuff :)

I won't make any mention of a Pandora 2 on the blog for now. I've noticed more and more lately that the blog is being read in two different ways; forum people know that we're just passing on bits and pieces from the forums, but non-forum people read every post as a press release. What looks like a bit of chit-chat to us will be read by others as an official Pandora 2 announcement. You can imagine the reaction. It's handy to have these sources to link to though, if/when the topic comes up in the comments.

craigix said:
Ihdras.png

craigix said:

And if Gruso sends it to me afterwards I can take ultra-detailed photos :p

New blog post

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/51518-official-blog-preparations-for-the-near-future/

Some stuff I would like to see on the blog (had this on my mind for some time, but never bothered to post):

Topmost: Interviews! Get some strange off the street in front of a microphone and ask him daft questions. I am not thinking of the Pandora dev team alone as they are currently too busy to give an interview and most questions have already been answered, but some guys of the homebrew scene. For example Cpasjuste, Butterman or PokeParadox. Ask them how the development went, what the major pitfalls were/are, what makes development a good think to waste time on, what makes it fun, maybe some inside information on unreleased projects/updates/ideas, etc.
I think this could be really interesting and also make some kind of a guide for newbie devs, which tells them some basic stuff (where to start, major errors, good advices by grand masters) and if you really happen to get some new stuff out of them it will probably make an even better post than the constant "Cases are on their way...", "No wait they are not", "He missed the post-man", "Cases are not on their way yet", "Cases are... you get the point.
Of course this can be time consuming, but I am pretty sure you can find some future reporter who is willing and able to do the job (well).
You could also make a topic and ask the community for questions which will then be asked in the interview. Or do a live chat, which often creates the most funny or authentic results.

More posts about upcomming homebrew games and software. Well I guess it has gotten a bit quiet lately, but nevertheless there are some fantastic new projects in the works and I would like to see some more information about them. And this is also a topic for the future when the Pandora finally hits homes nerd basements all around the world and more projects emerge or older ones begin rolling again.

Maybe a weekly post summarizing the live in the forums. Tell what is going on, who is trolling again, what's the news, most funny/idiotic/unique posts, etc. This can be an easy task for somebody who is basically living between here and his/her F5 key ;)

Well that's it for now, I am pretty sure and had another one, but I seem to have forgotten it... damn I become old...

foxblock out

We're planning a introduction to development series for the Pandora, so that's covered. But yeah, some interviews would be cool.

I'm not sure about posting homebrew. Gruso does his round ups, because I think most people are interested in updates about the Pandora itself and don't want the blog crowded to the point they can't find the latest news. But I'm just speculating, I'll talk to Gruso, after he takes a break from waiting at his window for his press Pandora to arrive :D

I like the interview idea too. Part of me wishes I was out of work again so I had more time for the blog. But I should be careful what I wish for.

I can confirm that a second software roundup is on the way (it's about 1/3 written). Seems like there's a new game or two to add every week, which is good!

I am pleased to see that you like the idea :)

I just hope you can find some time or someone to do it - I would like to do it myself, but I can barely find any time to work on Wandor atm... :(

I am also happy to hear that there is another roundup-post on the way, I like to read these more than the constant status updates (read: delays) on the Pandora (though the positive ones still warm my heart of course), I will just be awaiting it when it's done, but well that might only be me...

Edit: I totally forgot to thank you (all of you guys) for spending so much time on working on the blog and giving us our daily dose of the hottest, freshest and funniest news around the Pandora. You rock! :D

Back