Unofficial Openpandora Community Blog

mali said:
The f* cases are shipping!
(naw)mcx said:
EvilDragon1717 We got a tracking number! It's not yet in the UPS system (always takes some time, even longer in China). Good news, I'll keep you updated!
:lol:
static.gif
:) :pandora2ut4:

Last edited by a moderator:
(naw)mcx said:
EvilDragon1717 We got a tracking number! It's not yet in the UPS system (always takes some time, even longer in China). Good news, I'll keep you updated!

Eds Twittered again:

Date: 03/02/2010 Local Time: 20:40 Description: ORIGIN SCAN

Awesome

dsleaf67 said:
(naw)mcx said:

Eds Twittered again:

Date: 03/02/2010 Local Time: 20:40 Description: ORIGIN SCAN

Awesome
This is fantastic! I know it's a pain in the ass for ED to twitter every time UPS updates the status, but it sure beats the hell out of us F5ing UPS's site with the tracking number. :)

Thanks Evil Dragon!

MM-DD-YYYY is just another way the USA chooses to be incompatible with the rest of the world. Yes, the international standard is YYYY-MM-DD, but most (almost all) nations use DD-MM-YYYY.

Just like I have no time for imperial measurements, I have no time for MM-DD-YYYY.

Day: Month: Year: seems a lot more logical to me than the other ways. I say 5th February 2010. I don't often say February 5th 2010 (Although some people do), and I never say 2010 February 5th.

EDIT: My apologies for going off topic

DD:MM:YYYY and YYYY:MM:DD at least have some coherent hierarchy. MM:DD:YYYY is just crap.

Nova said:
Day: Month: Year: seems a lot more logical to me than the other ways. I say 5th February 2010. I don't often say February 5th 2010 (Although some people do), and I never say 2010 February 5th.

Specifying the year first narrows the range to 52 Weeks. Then the month reduces it to 30 days. Then the date nails it. It's logical, just not very Human.

I think it depends on how you're using it.

You could argue that what changes most often is the day, so for short term stuff (like planning something next week), making DD-MM-YYYY the most logical. You already know the month and the year...

Back