Upcomming Games And Emulators In 2008

naples39 said:
DaveC said:
Franxis said:
New MAME port started from zero (based on a newer MAME version)... On march 2008...
This sounds good. Can't wait to see this :)

Yes. Sounds awesome. So many questions about version number and emulation speed, but I will wait for Franxis to release info when he is ready. :)

I just hope there will be better sample support and the games that had no sound will now have it. That is enough for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
New "NoName" game form deps

dlbgp2xzp6.th.png

Impressive Screenshots here, but even without screenshots, there are some interesting infos :)

Franxis said:
New MAME port started from zero (based on a newer MAME version)... On march 2008...
Wow, I thought, GP2X can't handle newer MAME Versions? ;)

StreaK said:
Capex-Like FRONTEND for FBA2X by Juanvvc from GP32Spain

No Screenshot , sorry
This would be great. :) Selector is good to but FBA2X could need an real frontend and more options.

Lineus said:
A Yeti3D (re)port/complete remake from me... details in my sig.
The good old Yeti 3D engine. Impressive stuff, I had tested this Engine some years ago. If you can make an Y3D Level Editor running directly on GP2X to, it would be awesome. :)

fusion_power said:
Wow, I thought, GP2X can't handle newer MAME Versions? ;)

GP2X could handle many new games from MAME [ not only 80's and mid 90's ]. The main problem is -> Unoptimised MAME drivers. Many MAME drivers must be recompiled and tested on gp2x before adding them to final build MAME GP2X. If drivers pass "reasonable speed" level , then FRANXIS add 'em to final build.

This is my opinion...

BTW. I would like to see MK / MK2 / MK3 on MAMEGP2X :D. Yummy :D. Apparently MK is supported in actual ver of MAME GP2X but it's freezing after "MORTAL KOMBAT" screen and have wrong color palette. Also Xaind Sleena is not working [ and solar warrior (other wersion of xaind sleena ) have corrupted color palette ]

Lineus said:

The good old Yeti 3D engine. Impressive stuff, I had tested this Engine some years ago. If you can make an Y3D Level Editor running directly on GP2X to, it would be awesome.
Hadn't thought of that... maybe I'll try it!

Quiest said:
OMG i said hopefully i hope you noticed that! XD
Too late, you have exactly 346 days 00:44:50 and counting.

ruckage said:
Quiest said:
OMG i said hopefully i hope you noticed that! XD
Too late, you have exactly 346 days 00:44:50 and counting.

Damn you XD

Streak: You should edit the first post with all new screenshots!

Lineus said:
Lineus said:
The good old Yeti 3D engine. Impressive stuff, I had tested this Engine some years ago. If you can make an Y3D Level Editor running directly on GP2X to, it would be awesome.
Hadn't thought of that... maybe I'll try it!
Afaik was the Yeti3D Engine more like a 2.5D Engine, Editor was just simple 2D top-Down with raisning floors and without "Room over Room" :) Should be possible on GP2X and would be funny to make our own levels while laying in bed and then instant play the levels right out of the GP2X. ^^

Gruntfuggly said:
ParkyDr is working (and hopefully hasn't given up) on a port of Garden of Coloured Lights:

I haven't given up - getting there, I've also got a number of GTK projects (FBReader, Dillo and Simon Tatham's Puzzle Collection) running on the GP2X waiting in the wings.

JyCet said:
Always in the pipe ... my crazy jack port (and improvement)
I just need time and motivation :lol:

Looking great, the art looks very nice.

SAMULOS

Description
Samulos is a puzzle game, similar to Tetris and Lumines. The player has to make figures from squares in the same colour to make them explode. The explosion is delayed which gives an opportunity to add some more squares to the figure. The smallest figure that explodes has to include at least 2x2 squares (the same colour). To the next level the player has to cause specified amount of explosions.

Features:
- 8 levels
- high quality graphics
- very good gameplay
- nice music
- nice light effects
- user friendly interface
- download for free
- no adware and spyware

sam_sp_176_2.jpg

BTW -> zielok.com need game testers (especially GP2X console). Please write to gametester@zielok.com

StreaK said:
Features:
- no adware and spyware
Impressive!

The game looks great though, can't wait :)

Holy cats! And I thought the GP2X scene would start to wane with the introduction of Pandora. Man, 2008 looks like it's going to be chock full of goodness... I better get moving on buying a handful of those $12.00 2GB SD cards.

Back