Upgrade to 1Ghz

jeremy

Still Fresh
Hi everyone

Quick question...

Is it still possible to upgrade your old pandora for a 1 Ghz model for free?

If so, could someone please post the link, because I can't seem to find it.

Thanks

Jeremy

really?

I could've sworn that I read something about sending your pandora back to EvilDragon and he would upgrade it. you only had to pay the delivery costs

He used to offer upgrades on the dragonbox site. Couldn't find it anymore. They were never free though. A PANDORA 1GHZ PCB is 229,00 € so if upgrading is still possible I assume it will at least cost you 229 (unless ED gives a discount) 

Last edited by a moderator:
Does he still do that?
If i remember correctly the 1ghz upgrade required sending in your working CC or Rebirth, People usually sent in RMA units and  just paid for an upgrade board.

However, I believe (Or at least if i was doing it) If the board you're upgrading from is in good condition and passes the tests (good working order) You would get credit counted towards the 1ghz board reducing the total price of the upgrade  :)

Don't quote me on this.. This from my vague memory and overall speculation and assumption!

EDIT: the pandora is at its end of the life. Most of the major components are not being made for it on the boards. Wi-fi chip and etc, so the upgrade option may not be around because there's very few 1ghz boards left!  :eek:   If i were you, and wanting an upgraded pandora.. I'd scour the trading section and then jump on a 1ghz. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't remember how much it cost me, but probably close to what Eight Bit said, but a bit more for shipping.  Still holding off on sending it in for a couple more weeks hoping for some news on aluminum cases.

I'm one of the lucky who got upgarded for free. Here's how it happened: I ordered myself a pandora in 2009 (or so I remember), and waited, waited, waited... and then my Pandora finally came in 2012, it turned out to be a 1GHz, because classic units were out of production by that time.

I could've sworn that I read something about sending your pandora back to EvilDragon and he would upgrade it. you only had to pay the delivery costs
IIRC you had to buy the 1GHz board but ED did not charge for time spent swapping the board with your existing one.

Another difference, other than the person doing the transplant, with the older option is that you didn't get the original board back.  I thought "that sucks" when I decided to upgrade, but figured I wouldn't actually use it, so it is ok.  Now I could have both, but it doesn't seem worth it just to have it sitting around.

Back