Ups Missed Delivery

Man, you entered that package with more alacrity and fervour than a 14 y/o boy getting into the school slags nickers. Like how you had the scissors on standby, just like aforementioned 14 y/o has a kleenex ready when Baywatch is about to come on.

I'm jealous, thanks for the vids. :)

I noticed at the end of your second video that the right nub wasn't centered. I'm just wondering if this is the case/is noticeable/is a problem. (Doubt it's anything to be worried about, just curious mostly.)

Vorporeal said:
I noticed at the end of your second video that the right nub wasn't centered. I'm just wondering if this is the case/is noticeable/is a problem. (Doubt it's anything to be worried about, just curious mostly.)

Its you, looks centered to me

Last edited by a moderator:
Mithrildor said:
Vorporeal said:

Hmm, are you talking about the hinge video? To me, it looks like it's centering too much towards the top-left... Could just be the angle though.

Thanks for the videos astewardson!

Can you preview the Minimenu? I know there are some bugs in the first 100 of first batch, so no big deal if it can't happen.

Cheers for the feed on the speakers and doing the hinge the video, I don't have a YouTube account so didn't thank on there, it looks decent too like it can take a bit of movement, I was hoping it wasn't too flimsy and fall open or shut when moving and it looks like it takes a fair old shake to make it do so, so that's me happy on that one

Vorporeal said:
Mithrildor said:
Vorporeal said:

Hmm, are you talking about the hinge video? To me, it looks like it's centering too much towards the top-left... Could just be the angle though.
The nubs seem to rest slightly off-center but this doesn't effect anything, they still register as being in the middle, I will do another video tomorrow to try and clarify this :)

Tensuke said:
Awesome! I posted these to the video thread, I hope you don't mind. :)
Wow, of course not, thank you :D

senorgomez said:
Thanks for the videos astewardson!

Can you preview the Minimenu? I know there are some bugs in the first 100 of first batch, so no big deal if it can't happen.
I have had a quick look at the mini menu tonight, looks good so far. Will do a video on it tomorrow :)

Fzero said:
Cheers for the feed on the speakers and doing the hinge the video, I don't have a YouTube account so didn't thank on there, it looks decent too like it can take a bit of movement, I was hoping it wasn't too flimsy and fall open or shut when moving and it looks like it takes a fair old shake to make it do so, so that's me happy on that one
That's cool. No problem, after more playing I may have found the left and right volume control. If you click on the volume icon then it brings up the mixer with two sliders and a 'link' button. I assume that these two sliders are for the separate channels. I will post it in tomorrows video :)

Well time for bed, night night everyone

P.S. One last video for this evening
Youtube Link

Love the videos! Thanks so much for them (Look forward to more featuring use :p ) :)

What are your thoughts on the locked position of the screen? The DS locks at a smaller angle (screen angled more toward you), and this seems more natural of a position than one farther back like the Pandora. I was just wondering if you felt the screen locked at too large of an angle (too far away from the user), or if it's just right?

Also, thoughts on controls? Could you do a video showing how much the D-Pad & shoulder buttons swing? How responsive are the controls?

Lastly, any comments on the finish and build quality of the case?

EDIT: Just saw your previous video...

thanks for the 3 videos all are fantasic quality keep them up more please!

Thank you for all the amazing feedback!
I have done another video hopefully answering your questions. Its uploading now and I'll post the link as soon as its up

Latest video live here:
Youtube Link

i've hopefully answered a few questions, if you have any more don't hesitate to ask!

I would ask for a demonstration of Navit from the Ångström repo, but you might not have a GPS unit to work with it (you don't need one, but it is kind of the point), or the time to configure it. As it isn't a Pandora specific piece of software (no pnd yet) it might be a headache to get working correctly.

Otherwise, more videos please! :p

Farewell said:
I would ask for a demonstration of Navit from the Ångström repo, but you might not have a GPS unit to work with it (you don't need one, but it is kind of the point), or the time to configure it. As it isn't a Pandora specific piece of software (no pnd yet) it might be a headache to get working correctly.

Otherwise, more videos please! :p

I'm going to try and do a video review over or after the weekend with as much software as i can get.

I will give Navit a go and see if i can get it working in time for the review, if so i'll show it in the video (it will be a good test of the bluetooth too :) )

Awesome HD videos! I would love to see some more DOSBOX action (especially some old 3D games) any chance of doing one of these games (if you know any of them):

- Catacomb Abbys
- Alien Carnage / Halloween Harry
- Ken's Labyrinth
- Lands of Lore
- Rollin
- Mystic Towers
- Vinyl Goddess

Whether or not you test any of these games I'm sure I will love your next video :)

Back