US Based Pandora Shoppe

Considering events of recent days, several cats are out of bags. I've had plans for some time to us

• Pelican 1040 Micro Case & 1120

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Generic Class 32GB Class VI & Class X SDHC Cards

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Westone IEM (ear buds) of various price points

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Grado Headphones

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Pelican 0910 SD Card Case

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Pandora Parts, Batteries, TV Out Cables (dreaming a little) :)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cheap microfiber cloths

• USB Cables

• Solar Charging Solutions

• Custom Paint

• Suggestions

• Total voters

The site is live:

http://www.ithic.com

Sorry to bump this, but I welcome more feedback on the site itself and suggestions.

I'm also going to research Google Checkout for a payment option until Xipwire.com gets up and running with a payment gateway for merchants, it was not their intention, but they have had a lot of demand for it.

I will not use PayPal or traditional credit card gateways due to Visa/Mastercards handling of Wikileaks payments.

Funny if you look at how America is trying to redefine rape in HR 3, the first month that the TEA Party is in office. However, looking at Assange from Sweden's perspective, Assange would be a free man in the US if HR 3 should pass.

Pakistan is free game to dying women and children from drone attacks launched out of the southwestern US of "pilots" who go home to their wives and kids at night. We bomb Pakistan, kill women and children in a country we are not at war with, but yet, while the US dollar continues to tank and become less solvent our newly elected fiscal conservatives attack women instead of war crimes, crimes against humanity, and corruption on unprecedented levels in world history. I've got three words. Go E Gypt!

The Tea Party wants more people in the ghettos of America so that they can profit off of a private social "care" system that has been controlled for years by the military industrial complex.

That's a lot of non-related information to the Pandora right there, but I want you to understand that when you put your money anywhere, you have to have total confidence that it is going towards the good of people, not in some greedy bastards pocket. Follow the money is all I have to say.

Peace & Pandora,

Link

I'm guessing you have a basic idea of how your site will look, right? I'm guessing that you already know now that as it stands, well... Let's just say that it reminds me of a little site called geocities. :p

Not to be mean or anything! Really. I'm guessing you know that and you just want to get something up.

Re Grado headphones: I have the SR80's, they're fucking amazing .. best headphones I've worn in years, comfortable and such a great sound. Can't go wrong with these things and a Pandora for music quality.

Re Grado headphones: I have the SR80's, they're fucking amazing .. best headphones I've worn in years, comfortable and such a great sound. Can't go wrong with these things and a Pandora for music quality.

except if you want to shield your sound from the outside world, my grado's are the most open headphones ever, but incredible sound!

Sadly one of the cables has a little break in it, have to get it fixed :( They do work very good in combination with the pandora :)

Last edited by a moderator:

except if you want to shield your sound from the outside world, my grado's are the most open headphones ever, but incredible sound!

Sadly one of the cables has a little break in it, have to get it fixed :( They do work very good in combination with the pandora :)
Ever since my first SR-60s I've been hooked on Grado. My current Grados sound great with the Pandora. The Brown Burr DAC is nicely complimented by quality headphones or IEMs.

I'm guessing you have a basic idea of how your site will look, right? I'm guessing that you already know now that as it stands, well... Let's just say that it reminds me of a little site called geocities. :p

Not to be mean or anything! Really. I'm guessing you know that and you just want to get something up.
*Should* you need some pointers on how to make the site look better, I some experience in that sort of thing.

^

I appreciate the thoughts on the site. I just used Network Solutions templates for a start, for me its the easiest way to launch something quick.

I ask this, what do you think would be a good program to use on a Mac to make this site better.

I have Dreamweaver but find it a little toilsome and would prefer a web based editor.

I am open to suggestions and input regarding the design of the site. What you see now was easiest for me to get something working.

Thanks everyone for the support and answers to the poll.

Peace & Pandora,

Link

I suppose its obvious but get gruso to put a link for your shop on pandora press and to have it put in the community links section also,so people know it exists.

^

I need a link to the press on my site too.... Good look!

I hope to have Pelican cases in stock in about 10 days as well. SD Cards and headphones later in the month which will hopefully mean I will have some Pandora's to sell. Units are late Batch 1 and somewhere in Batch 2.

I ask this, what do you think would be a good program to use on a Mac to make this site better.
I have literally no idea, as I have never used a mac before. Generally I'd suggest actually conding it yourself, but if you don't know how, then it may be slight bit overkill.

I am open to suggestions and input regarding the design of the site. What you see now was easiest for me to get something working.
The most popular type of web design is a general 'blog' style, with a central column offset but another, slimmer column to its left or right. This style generally helps usability, etc. as users are fmiliar with the layout, and would probably work decently for all of the pages (best if things are uniform) except the actual ordering page itself. CSS stylesheets for this kind of thing are freely available, and relatively straightforward to get acquainted with. Opinions differ on how to lay out store pages, so I won't get into that here.

Also, If the above sounds like a fair bit of work (i.e. you might struggle to accomplish that), then I'd suggest looking at quotes to have it done semi/professionally, as you also need someone to code in the payment system. Alternatively, maybe you could find someone in the community who would be willing to produce the site for a % share int ebusiness/profits?

Normally I'd offer to do the site myself, but with my final 6 months of university coming up, I really am going to be far too busy.

What did you use to make the site? I always hand code my html, I don't like WYSIWYG editors because they always mess things up. I'm not very good with programming, but I am very good with HTML and CSS. I use a little bit of php in my websites to make things like headers easier to maintain. If you would like some help let me know. If you don't want to give me access to the site you can just give me a zipfile of the html and css. I can make everything XHTML 1.0 Strict if you just want to keep it the same. I am also pretty good with photoshop.

Even if this site does not come to fruition I am always up for some practice to keep my skills sharp. :)

It also just occurred to me that you could host most of the pages on a free blog, the kind hosted to by wordpress or blogspot, etc. and just link externally to the ordering pages. Just a thought.

An easy web development software for mac…

Well, dreamweaver is already a pretty simple wysiwig editor, a simpler one would be iWeb.

But if you want a good web based solution, there are some good CMS like Drupal or Joomla.

IIRC they even have some free plug-ins to make web shops.

I don't know where you're hosting your shop, but it's not that hard to deploy, the installer helps you with a step by step how-to.

EDIT:
ph34r.gif
ph34r.gif

OK, thanks for the advice. After investigating my hosting company, I found I have access to Drupal and Magento and a bunch of other Open Source stuff. This will be fun because I've never done anything with either of them so it will be a great learning process. Thanks for the suggestions!

Sorry for the double post, but its been Two Months™ and I could use some more feedback. Most importantly, there is a new question in the poll I would like opinions on!

Sending out a 1040 case to B-Zar for the kickass game and competition win.

Thanks for the past support on the polls and boards.

Very cool! I like the new look, but it seems to be a set width instead of a fluid width so the site was kinda messed up in my browser :( I would make a suggestion, but I don't know how to adjust that in Drupal. I like what you have but, more pics! Pictures will make or break a sale for me. Those pelican cases are really only 30USD!? :eek: I might just get one... Good luck!

Edit: I look forward to seeing what you get from the other companies you are talking to!

Very cool! I like the new look, but it seems to be a set width instead of a fluid width so the site was kinda messed up in my browser :( I would make a suggestion, but I don't know how to adjust that in Drupal. I like what you have but, more pics! Pictures will make or break a sale for me. Those pelican cases are really only 30USD!? :eek: I might just get one... Good luck!

Edit: I look forward to seeing what you get from the other companies you are talking to!
Glad you are enjoying the new look. If you don't mind, what browser are you using and on what? If you have another chance give it another look, I had some optimization stuff disabled while building the site. It is now enabled and seems to have a better look, smoother feel than when you might have checked it out. Let me know if you see any difference.

Thank you for looking this over. As for other companies, I'm in a holding pattern with Westone, hope to hear something from them soon because they are now losing potential sales. To have a high quality earbud makes the Pandora sound so much better, good cans are even more amazing.

Lastly, the site may go down for a few hours this evening due to maintenance by my host.

Back