Usb Controller Compatible Emulators

ste_167

Website
Visit site
Just to confirm the currently working emus..

MAME2X, CPS2Emu and Picodrive. Plus GNGeo2X dev version (where can I get it from?)

Is that the current full list? I'd love Vice or Frodo to have support too in the future! *Prays*

I just posted in the thread about this in the EMULATION forum, but I'll repeat here: just got my cradle and got GNGeo2X (7a beta2), MAME and PicoDrive to work really, really well straight off. Still haven't got CPS2 working, but didn't try very hard 'cause I'm toast and need sleep... First impressions for the working three were very positive indeed! :)

Does anyone know if Frodo or Vice for the gp2x are still being worked on? Or does anyone know how to contact the developers of these emulators? 2 player (or even 4 player for the games that support it) c64 games would be excellent! :D

Again the thought of playing 2 player kick off on the ST emulator is making me want to buy the dock thingy now! Now what's the guys name that wrote the ST emulator? Skeevix ? or something like that

*Note:

I got CPS2 to detect the joypad, but it wouldn't work unless I had it in slot 2 on the BOB. After that, it was "OMFG, SHoooooters!!!!" For about 45 minutes ;)

Dont forget you can do a L+R and then select rescan USB devices in CPS2, then reset the game to have it work with the UBS Pad

Did you all know the normal menu of the GP2x can be navigated using the USB gamepad?

GP2x Menu navigation works on all except e-book, video and photo. I guess GPH forgot to code for it?

I know you were asking about emulators, but I thought it's worth mentioning that Beat2x (excellent stepmania style game) works with USB controllers. I seem to remember someone posted a video of themself playing it on a dancemat.

Melville said:
I know you were asking about emulators, but I thought it's worth mentioning that Beat2x (excellent stepmania style game) works with USB controllers. I seem to remember someone posted a video of themself playing it on a dancemat.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH9tt9iitIo

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the replies. Hopefully, others will find this thread as useful as I will.

I should have checked the Emulation section.. exactly the same topic already there. Puck2099 also mentions that AlexKidd2X has 2-player support :)

scottm - the Atari ST emulator (OutcaST) is Skeezix's fine work. I'm sure he'll add support at some point, although he's currently putting his hours into BattleJewels which is really progressing - just you wait for the next release!

TelcoLou said:
I got CPS2 to detect the joypad, but it wouldn't work unless I had it in slot 2 on the BOB.
Must have had mine in slot 2 by luck as it worked for me too. I probably had my 360 controller in slot 1, as I'd been unsuccessfully trying to use it.

Metalbrain said:
GP2Xpectrum also has it.

Result!!!! In preparation I just ordered a Kempston look a like USB joystick (Competition Pro Joystick on amzon). In retrospect I also need to remember to actually buy the cradle

:rolleyes:

Back