Usb Devices On Cradle

namco

Website
www.stupendous-stuff.com
Apologies if this has been started but I think we should have another sticky with known working and non-working USB devices on the cradle.

This way everyone knows what's good and what's not to get for the cradle.

Anyway:

Working:
Genius Maxfire Pandora
Genius Maxfire MiniPad V2

Not Working:
Logic3 Rumble Pad

Getting my western digital 1Tb usb hard drive tommorow so i will let you know on my findings.

theoretically it should work.

just out of curiosity and probably being dumb, why does the dock have a power input. Surele its powered when the gp2x is connected?

It must be powered if you're using it with the MKI F100, but GPH never released the dc power unit.

Working:
Creative MuVo 64Mb

muvo2m.jpg

Not working:
Creative Zen Touch (well worth a try since the above worked :p)

All my scandisk 2gb usb sticks work.......

But when reading movie AVI files the video gets choppy and the sound dose not sync. The files are around 700mb and are of the sort you download from the net via P2P. Allso when I run Pykaraoke of a 60gb usb HD the music pops and chirps and I think a syncing problem, this all so happens with my 2gb scandisk usb sticks.

http://www.kibosh.org/pykaraoke/

alls if you are going to play music of a drive, use lot of folders, the gp2x dose not handle large music collection/many folders to well.

Just received my 1tb (1000gb) western digital usb hard drive yesterday and i can confirm it works fine in the cradal.

A few problems however ive found when using a large usb hard drive:

1 Everytime i turn the gp2x on when connected to the cradle i am having to goto the settings and turn the usb host on. Why cant the gp2x have an auto detect as its getting monotonus every time i want to use the cradle

2 When selecting a rom from a folder on my tb hard drive it takes about five mins to list the games before i can choose a game. I pretty much have every rom for every console emulated on the gp2x but whenever i go into a foder to select a game it crashes my gp2.

1 Everytime i turn the gp2x on when connected to the cradle i am having to goto the settings and turn the usb host on. Why cant the gp2x have an auto detect as its getting monotonus every time i want to use the cradle

Try setting the USB Host to Always On and switching everything else (like USB Storage) on.

When you restart the gp2x those that were selected in the usb host section should stay on.

Gizmo said:
Has anybody got an USB arcade stick to work with the cradle ?
i have two boxer usb arcade sticks that i got off ebay from japan but havnt been able to test them. What emulator can i use to test the arcade sticks? I have an f200

Last edited by a moderator:
Back