USB-OTG as Hostdevice

jottt

Hello,

I started playing aroung with the OTG-Port to use it as a USB 1.1 Host Device. Now I have loads of new questions that I hope someone here is able to answer:

- It seems to me that, once the port was connected as client, I have to reboot first before it tries acting as a host. It does not do that by itself.

There seems to be some errors in detection. I can only use either host or client mode. After restart the first that is used gets initialized and works fine. If I swap to the other (via a fitting cable with/without ID grounded), the port is deactivated until reboot and nothing works at all, besides loading the battery. Loading works with client mode and does not as host (as intended) and swapping cables works fine for the battery.

- As the OTG-Port is low on power, would it work to wire the V+ from the USB-Port to the plug so an external device is able to draw power from both or would that waste the Pandy for whatever reason?

- Does the Pandora check the ID-Pin everytime something is plugged in or only at boot?

It used to work for me (change roles) but that needed a couple of replugs due to driver bugs. And yes it does ID check every time.

Haven't tried supplying external VBUS but that's supposed to work too if wired correctly.

It used to work for me (change roles) but that needed a couple of replugs due to driver bugs. And yes it does ID check every time.

Haven't tried supplying external VBUS but that's supposed to work too if wired correctly.

I forgot to mention: This is HF5-RC1. It wont go away by replugging a couple of times. How may I help with troubleshooting the issue?

-EDIT- Recheck: I replugged about 20 times each of the cables (1 connected to a Prolific USB 1.1 as client, 1 connected to my PC as host). The prolific does not power on, the host does not detect anything, dmesg is absolutely quiet.

Both works absolutely fine, provided I reboot and don't plug in the other type. Changing/replugging devices of the same type works also fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back