Usb Problems (win/linux)

Damaster-

Still Fresh
Hello!

I have usb problems with my GP2X. When using Windows, i can't install drivers (Windows doesn't accept them)
i have also tried with Ubuntu Linux with this guide (Click here) but after typing udevinfo -a -p /block/sda there isn't any other devices than my SATA-harddrive.

What should i do that my Gp2x will appear in Linux? :huh:

What drivers are you trying to install on windows and what "windows" are you running "XP Home/XP Pro/...". I have not used "udevinfo" but I have used lsusb to see devices on my USB.

Another issue might be if you are using the shipped USB cable you might want to try another cable.

To get the system to be recognozed "should" only require the standard XP, the GP2X SD card in the GP2X, the SD card FAT32 formated, Depending on your firmware USB host on, and a known good USB cable. I went through the shipped cable and another before finding one that worked. I think I may have forgotten a firmware setting but I am sure someone else will point it out.

The offical 2005 USB TCP/IP networking stuff from microslop is "RNDIS USB kit 2005" which seems to work well for me for telnet and the like can be found on the microsoft web site but is not needed to the storage stuff. Should you need it for TIP/IP over USB and are unable to find it PM me and I will point you at the file on my web server. Google is your friend here.

Have you tried "udevinfo -a -p /block/sdb" or "udevinfo -a -p /block/sdc" (and so on)?

Back