Usb & Linux Problem

bassos

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
My linux distribution can't see the gp2x when I connect it with usb(and of course go to the usb menu and select sd). I tried another cable and recharged batteries. I also tried switching the ehci_hcd driver on the host off. I don't see anything with dmesg.

It works occasionally on windows xp (else it says "hardware not recognized"). On windows I set the usb hub on usb 1.1.

I use Fedora Core 6 with as kernel: 2.6.20-1.2944.fc6-i686. And I have an usb mouse(I tried it without the mouse).

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad English.

I had the same problem and I solved it by connecting directly the cable to my PC, not to my hub.

It has been reported that USB problems could be solved by switching to USB 1, too, but you don't want to do that.

And don't spend too much time on this problem, you will switch to card reader at some point anyway, as most people do.

Wow, if it only half works on Windows, your going to have fun getting it to work on Linux. What were you going to use the usb for? If it just to put stuff on the sd card, then I'd buy a sd reader for that. Otherwise try updating your firmware?

well, I want to use it for debugging purposes over telnet.

I am using firmware 2.1.0, I upgraded already from 2.0.0. with 2.0.0 it didn't work too.

And my sd card is sometimes unwritable until I remount it writable. Maybe this relates to the problem?

I had similar "problem" too. when I connected to the extra USB in my PC case front it said "Hardware not recognized" too. But when I connected to the USB ports directly on the motherboard it worked like a charm. Try every USB ports you have.

a long time ago i had similar problems then i repartitioned the sdcard with cfdisk and made a Fat32 filesys on it and no problems since then, try loafing around /proc
to see whats up in there. my mistake was that linux saw the device but could not figure out the filesystem (it was corrupt)

cat /proc/scsi/device_info
cat /proc/bus/usb/devices
cat /proc/scsi/scsi

happy hunting and btw upgrade to 2.1.1 as soon it,s working (better transfer speeds and stability)

Back