Windows Won't Detect My Gp2x

ilo

Still Fresh
Website
www.tblogs.net
Windows won't detect my GP2x, keeps on saying usb device not recognised, I have tried the linuxinf as recommended in the help but this did not work, i have also tried on both usb 1.1 and 2.0 but no change, any help would be appreciated.

ps: i am running Windows XP pro on an ASUS An8-e, Athlon 64 4000+, 1gb pc3200

Hey, i did use this usb cable on my work pc and it all worked fine, managed to add some files to the card and all but now it decides not to work at home. not sure i have a spare cable to test but will check.

Thanks

its a common problem, i found that using the cable that came with my card reader it seemed to work fine over the pc, whilst using the one supplied with the 2x i just got the device not recognised errors

If it fails again, or won't work on another Windows PC, download Knoppix (A Live CD version of Linux), it should pick up your GP2X using the standard cable :D

If you upgrade to the latest firmware , make sure you follow the instructions carefully. I missed out the START+SELECT button press on start-up and couldn't work out why I always had Firmware 2.0.0 displayed on boot rather than 2.1.0. Getting to my point, when I upgraded and missed out that stage, USB didn't work at all.

Cannibal.

Back