Using SD cards >32 GB?

Actually, the Pandora includes a tool which can format the SD card (It's called "Make Pandora card"), but it didn't recognize my new 64GB card, since it was formatted with exFAT. What I did was, I first formatted the card with ext4, using the terminal commands given in the wiki and then the tool recognized my card and allowed me to reformat it with FAT.

^ Update it then because it's a good feature to advertise :)
It doesn't work with such cards out of the box though, it either requires reformatting to FAT32 or EXT (or other supported filesystem), or installing the exFAT driver. If it's an advertised feature, people will complain when it doesn't work.There's also a number of cards which, for unknown reasons, simply don't work. Maybe the electricals aren't sufficiently tolerant, or the Pandora's slot is 1mm too big or whatever, but it does happen that there are SDXC cards that simply fail. Probably not a good idea to officially endorse it.

May not be worthed but how about a compatability list of all working SD cards and sizes forum members using now?  That way new users know what to buy?

Last edited by a moderator:
The wiki shows a list of SD cards over 32 gigs that are supported, but when I tried one, it refused to mount. When I tried to format it, for some reason, I could only format as exFAT, not FAT32, and after doing that, it still didn't mount. What am I missing?
Try this one.  It formats any size card in Fat32
Thanks Shenmue this is a very easy to use program B)   and you don't have to boot just like gparted

Back