Using the Pandora as speakers.

(naw)mcx

Rotary Wombat
Website
www.godlikemcx.deviantart.com
Seeing as the audio jack doubles up as a mic port, is there anyway I could plug my MP3 player in using a 3.5mm male to male, and get the sound to play out the speakers? I'm using the latest release of the latest hotfix.

is the MIC in on that port Mono or stereo? if it's Mono then it would be less ideal. Another possibility is the EXT port has stereo line in if someone could make a cable that could utilize that.

seem to remember last time i did anything like this it was either something like mic0, or was accessed just by reading /dev/mixer or /dev/pcm, and output was writing to thos

btw no responsibility if it fails and blows up or guarantee that it'll work, last thing i recorded sound on this way was an old pentium 4, should all be the same though

I read audacity was ported. you could load that and see if it has the audio passthru option (monitor source or other wording?) Seems to me I did that by accident once, but not sure if it was Audacity I did that in. I don't have my Panda yet so I don't know what options are available.

Edit: Sorry, just tried it on my PC version and it had to be recording for this to work. But in a pinch if you need to play a song to someone, it just might be enough, but you'd have to have a pretty big card for recording to do any lengthy playback!

Last edited by a moderator:
huh! the pandora does not have the best speakers in the world but it does have great audio circuity. Crazy

I guess this is one of those "because it´s there" questions.

Hmm, perhaps somebody could assemble a program for playing stuff back? I like Gfrancisdev's idea.

Back