How To Reach The 3.5 Trs-Output

Alibobar

Still Fresh
Website
monkeyjohn.com
Considering the Pandora's jack output is on the front, and I will probably want to listen to music while it's in my pocket, I want to get some converter-cable for my headphones.
Since my headphones have a 1/4″ jack with a 3.5mm converter, which is way too bulky to be connected in my pocket.

On DX I found this 2.5->3.5 converter and I'm looking for a similar design except with 3.5mm male.

Does anyone know where I could get this?

cheers,
dreamer

Something like this?

My personal solution to this problem (for other devices, don't have a Pandora yet) was to chop off the 1/4" connector and solder on a 3.5mm one.

Try a store like Radioshack (if there isn't one in the Netherlands) and buy a new 90 degree 3.5mm connector and do what iampanis said :) That way if it breaks it is an easy repair. My guitar cords last practically forever doing this.

I haven't tried this myself yet, but this would be a great use for bluetooth headphones. The only problem with that is the need for batteries, that is unless you fancy yourself to a pair of solar powered bluetooth headphones.

Now you've just got to ask yourself this one question. Would you rather buy batteries forever or look like an ass silly in those goofy headphones.

iampanis said:
Something like this?

My personal solution to this problem (for other devices, don't have a Pandora yet) was to chop off the 1/4" connector and solder on a 3.5mm one.
As you can see the connector doesn't go around the corner, but also sticks out.
I want the cable to run sideways along the case.

And cutting of my headphones cable is definitely NOT an option.

@ greendots: no radioshack here, probable some similar stores _somewhere_, but I was looking for a DX solution ;)

@ Mofokubik: I would _never_ trade those for my Stanton :D

Some bluetooth converter would be OK, but I'd rather plug in directly.

Last edited by a moderator:
The cheapest thing by far would probably be to just get an angled 3.5mm plug and a 1/4" jack, and make your own cable. Shouldn't cost more than a dollar or two for the jacks, and you can use any kind of cable (even fancy "audiophile" silver cable if you wanted to throw away some money: http://www.homegrownaudio.com/bulk_wire.htm has that and more reasonably-priced copper). Anything should be fine, though.

Alibobar said:
And cutting of my headphones cable is definitely NOT an option.

@ greendots: no radioshack here, probable some similar stores _somewhere_, but I was looking for a DX solution ;)
So to clarify for everyone, this is more what you're looking for, correct? You could also go this route.

EDIT-> sorry Ali, I missed what you said about the 1/4" plug.

The jack on the Pandora has 4 connectors (Ground, L-Out, R-Out, (Mono)Mic-In), doesn't it? I'd also try to make my own cable but would use two 3,5mm jacks, one for a mic and one for headphones!

Eight Bit said:
Check Conrad, they have everything :)
They do have a great selection and I've ordered a lot from them. They however also charge you EUR 6.95 shipping even for tiny items unless you spend EUR 25 or more :-\ The again, if you happen to need anything else (they sell computer accessories too) it may work out in your favour.

Back