Uzebox emulator?

well i never got around to releasing it yet to the pandora, but I actually wrote a wrapper that can run some of the uzebox software natively.
You mean can be compiled natively? Because the Uzebox uses an atmega processor, I don't think I understand what you've done.Or is "compiled" Uzebox games actually interpreted/virtual machined and what you've got is the atmega "firmware" rebuilt for anything that supports SDL? I've never even heard of Uzebox before so I'm struggling to figure out what exactly it is and does.

uzebox apps are for the most part ansi C, so basically I modify the game source to be compilable on non 8 bit archs and implemented  the uzebox firmware API with a C wrapper layer that interfaces with SDL.

Some of the better written games are simple to make run, but there were other cases that made it tricky. Mostly do to addressing and pointer ops. If you read the thread i posted I documented the oddities I came across.

Wow sweet...Any chance of getting a release on it? Keep me plugged when you release and I'll drop you a fiver for a beer when you do release :)
Sure, one thing i wanted to figure out was frogger, Crashes on ARM for some reason.

Oh, so it does require rebuilding the source code, you can't just download the hex rom. Not quite as useful as a fullblown emulator but still good. :)

Correct it onlys works for games that have released source code.

There is an emulator but it is slow. This really was an attempt to see if it could be done.

Worth noting my wrapper layer supporting just about every common feature and video modes. Only thing really missing is sound support.

Back