Vancouver Olympic Games

Pinballwzd

I am very lucky to live in Vancouver and to share in the Olympic Experience.
Today, I saw one of the Olympic Torchbearers run past and on to light the local Coldren in my home town of Coquitlam ,B.C.
My kids got to hold the Olympic Torch which was very cool !.

I sure hope that the games are successful and go off with out incident !
Good luck Olympians !!!

David...

Eisner said:
I am very lucky to live in Vancouver and to share in the Olympic Experience.
Today, I saw one of the Olympic Torchbearers run past and on to light the local Coldren in my home town of Coquitlam ,B.C.
My kids got to hold the Olympic Torch which was very cool !.

I sure hope that the games are successful and go off with out incident !
Good luck Olympians !!!

David...
Hey, that's cool, it was in Salt Lake a few Olympics ago and it was a great experience. It was funny, no snow was endangering certain events to where they were postponed and then one day it just dumped snow, like more than I had ever seen in Salt Lake in my life. I have never seen that much snow since and probably never will again in the area. It was just for the Olympics I guess.

That's really cool about your kids, how did it happen? Was it passing a school or something?

Last edited by a moderator:
:(

This thread makes me sad!!! I had been planning on going to the winter olympics this year for.. years. Finally got to the point where the tickets that I wanted were available, then everyone that had said they would go pulled out and gave crappy excuses, so I didn't bother with the tickets :( I WILL go to the next one, which is in Russia \o/

Hope it's awesome for you though Eisner!!

I'm watching right now, it's pretty... WOW!
I wish NBC wasn't controlling it in the US though, I miss alot of stuff thanks to them...

RIP to the poor young luger.

Thanks everyone.. In every community, the torch ran through and stopped for a local cauldron lighting. We were lucky to have the torch bearer walk past us and provide the opportunity for my kids to hold the torch.

It is absolutely tragic what happened to the young fellow.. God be with his family and I hope they find comfort knowing that he was living his dream to be in the olympic games. As my son is a speed skater, I can only image the joy as a parent to have your child reach such amazing hights in any sport. To represent your Country must be an unbelievable life changing experience.

Lets hope the rest of the games go without incident.

David

I didn't hear about that guy dying until this morning. It sucks and I think it's sad, but I've got to admit that it is the speed and potential dangers of most of the sports in the winter olympics which draws me to it so much.

There was a guy on the BBC's News 24 thing talking about it, who had worked with the people building the track (or something like that), and he said that him and many of the other athletes and their managers have all been saying since they saw the track that that corner needed higher barriers and was dangerous, along with another corner somewhere else. That was just after a visual, walking inspection of the track and without even going on it, but all of their warnings have been completely ignored for some reason. Unless they fix the problems I'm betting that there will be more incidents, if the athletes actually dare run the track now.

I'm not normally one for sports, but Canada vs US hockey for the gold, tied and in overtime. That was an intense game, and a great end to the Olympics.

fischju2000 said:
I'm not normally one for sports, but Canada vs US hockey for the gold, tied and in overtime. That was an intense game, and a great end to the Olympics.
I kept telling people it would end like that. When the US beat Canada the first time, I was all "If movies have taught me anything, it's that Canada is going to go through some major soul searching and have a feel-good montage, and then come back to beat them in overtime for the championship." Technically I said shoot out, but overtime is good too.
I probably watched Mighty Ducks one too many times growing up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back