Release Various Burst

illegalinstruction15

Still Fresh
It's an item-collecting arcade game I made for a school project.

scrot.png

vburst.pnd

I'll post the sources later this weekend...

Attachments

• vburst.pnd
    7.5 MB · Views: 125
Hi :)

Your game didn't work for me:

[ START ]--- Starting the application ( vburst-arm.elf  ) ----------

/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh: line 523: cd: /mnt/utmp/vburst-highscore-directory: Permission denied

/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh: line 551: ./vburst-arm.elf: No such file or directory

[ FAILED]--- Starting the application ( vburst-arm.elf  ) ----------

I'd say you need to be more permissive with the rights...

Cheers, Magic Sam 

I corrected the permissions, rebuilt the .pnd and reuploaded, but at least one person has stated that it won't run for them.  I can't reproduce the problem - can someone who can repro it post the contents of /var/tmp/pndrun_org.illegal-instruction.various-burst.out ?

Hi all,

@ illegalinstruction15: I really like your game :)

+ Overall presentation

+ Good gameplay

+ Nice music

- No C4A support

- No dual nubs support

- No in-game hi-score counter

And I have a question: does killing "enemies" earn you points ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

Hi all.

@magic_sam The sole point of shooting at enemies is to clear your path.  I may make each shot spend 1% of your health, but I haven't decided yet - it'll need some playtesting.

Nub support and Compo4All integration are coming (the latter may have to wait until exams are over, but it is something I really want to do), along with an attract mode and a how-to-play screen.

In the meantime, expect a source package for the game to be posted sometime within the next day.

Hi all,

Sorry for the delay on nub support - the Real World got in the way, as it often does.  I'm compiling a changed version right now; once it passes a few gameplay checks, I'll resubmit it to the repo.

Update submitted; there should be nub support now. 

I hate to ask a potentially ridiculous question here, but can someone more knowledgeable than me try out the updated version and tell me why the preview image doesn't display?  Or is .png not supported, or what...?

@ekianjo - there's only one weapon because the point of the game is item-collecting, rather than killing all enemies.

Update submitted; there should be nub support now. 

I hate to ask a potentially ridiculous question here, but can someone more knowledgeable than me try out the updated version and tell me why the preview image doesn't display?  Or is .png not supported, or what...?
You need to reference the screenshots in the PXML.

So, add a

<previewpics>
 <pic src="scrot.png"/>
</previewpics>

In your application section and it should work.

Also, I suggest you remove the clockspeed command in your PXML, because I think it downclock Gigahertz model.

Last point, your package id is "package.id.here" which is not good at all (looks like a default value). The package ID must be unique (it's the key to everything), and something like "variousburst" or "vburst_illegalinstrc" would have been better (same for application id, but it's probably less important).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back