Vba?

Mr devil45

Still Fresh
Will we be able to use VBA [preferably vba link; many of my friends have ordered pandas too]

While VBA would likely work with a quick port, it's performance would be lousy as it has not been optimized for ARM processors (I assume you are talking about the GBA emulator).

The general expectation is that there will be a port gpsp, Exophase's excellent GBA emulator for GP2X. With Pandora's extra horsepower, gpsp should run just about anything 60 fps I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of the games like Need For Speed Underground use a special graphics accelerator chip. These don't usually emulate well, but any ordinary game should play awesomely.

edit: guess they don't. nevermind.

i only really care about pokemon... does the gpx2 version have some form of link capability? my pandora will have to replace my gameboy sp, so...
Anyways, the gameboys didnt exactly have octo-core.they used very small,minimalist chips, that the pandora is more than powerful enough for.
Screw ARM incompatibility theory. its only gameboy, dammit

I really hope there is a gba emulator for the pandora because there are some gba games i missed out on and want to play

'lulzfish' said:
Some of the games like Need For Speed Underground use a special graphics accelerator chip. These don't usually emulate well, but any ordinary game should play awesomely.
No they don't, where did you hear this :/

:blink:

I dunno, maybe I was thinking of the SNES which had the SuperFX on a few of its games.
Or maybe NFSUG really is that slow.

'lulzfish' said:
:blink:

I dunno, maybe I was thinking of the SNES which had the SuperFX on a few of its games.
Or maybe NFSUG really is that slow.
If you mean in gpSP, then it's slow for other reasons. I don't know of any GBA games that use add-on processors (just various other pieces of electronics like sensors).

It was a few years back on VBA for Windows. I assumed it used an extra chip since I didn't think the GBA could do real 3D at acceptable frame rates.

'lulzfish' said:
It was a few years back on VBA for Windows. I assumed it used an extra chip since I didn't think the GBA could do real 3D at acceptable frame rates.
Lots of games do software rendered 3D on the GBA. I'd say Need for Speed Underground is one of the worse looking ones (although most of them do look awful, with a few pretty impressive ones)

You know what's amazing for GBA? That 3D Asterix and Obelix game. It works in gpSP in fact, albeit IIRC slowly.

Really impressive engine they coded for a GBA game. It reminds me of a first gen Sega Saturn game.

Heh, Exophase neither confirms nor denies availability of gpsp Pandora port. :ph34r:

I don't know... maybe... and while we're at it we minds well get online play going too :rolleyes:

idk... vba link is just an expansion for vba. it might work natively...
anyone with a gpx2- can you please try getting vba link to work?

'Mr devil45' said:
idk... vba link is just an expansion for vba. it might work natively...
anyone with a gpx2- can you please try getting vba link to work?

Wow, I can't believe no one thought of 'getting vba link to work' on gp2x before!! :rolleyes:

You are asking to get flamed. I suggest you educate yourself a little more before making more requests and telling people how easy it would be to achieve certain things.

Back