Visualboyadvance Port

parask82

Still Fresh
I just realized that the source for VBA is available and tha there is an SDL version of it and I was wondering why there is not even a quick port.And I know that we dont even have full Speed Snes yet but as I think I remember that the snes emus didn't have less requirements than vba for functioning properly.Not that I have any significant use for it as I already own a Ds and a Flashcart but I was just wondering is anybody on this? :D

cmon, if it were that easy, it would've been done already.

patience....

someone will probs give it a go if they feel like it

Those lazy developers they just sit around and ask for stuff all the time, they never give!

There's no way the SDL version will run acceptably on the GP2X without porting it to HH and optimizing it for the GP2X's processor(s).

So yes, while probably VBA could be easily compiled for GP2X, it would be useless without serious modification.

Hanz™ posted on Dec 4 2005 at 01:14 PM said:
Those lazy developers they just sit around and ask for stuff all the time, they never give!

I now what you mean, and how come they never do it for free?

Last edited by a moderator:
You can port the VBA source easily to the GPH Linux... And then??? Run gba games at 1fps w/o sound? Or don't even run them? Someone would need to modify the whole source and it might still not run at a desireable speed.

I guess GBA is something that has to be handeled through the HH-Os and perhaps using both CPUs...

I always though that the GBA have pretty much the hardware as the SNES. (speed & performance wise)

why does it require so much more power to emulate?

geniv posted on Dec 4 2005 at 07:56 PM said:
I always though that the GBA have pretty much the hardware as the SNES. (speed & performance wise)

why does it require so much more power to emulate?
Nope. more powerful and more custom chips.

Lettuce Dude posted on Dec 4 2005 at 10:26 PM said:
I thought that there was a gba emu for the gp32 how fast did that run?
There were two, one was a port of VBA, much like the one requested here, it was extremely slow. Then there was something quite different, it wasn't really an emulator, instead it made use of the fact that both the GBA and GP32 has the same brand of CPU. It didn't emulate the main processor, instead it lived on the GP32 hardware, though it was never finished, it was of decent speed and showed extremely good promise.

http://gpadvance.sourceforge.net/ is the source if anyone wants to finish it.

I wasn't requesting anything.Just wandering.I did not mean it that way.It will surely not be even remotely playable but it would be a start and another thing to tinker the gp2x with... :D

Back