Verified Reviews or not...?

What would you think when you receive the mail?

• "Oh geez, another review mail... I'll just delete it"

Votes: 16 28.1%
  • "Heck! They gave my order details away! I won't order there again!"

Votes: 24 42.1%
  • "Ah, nice, I can give a review. Don't want to do it, but others probably will"

Votes: 17 29.8%
  • "I want to help those guys out and give a short review for the product!"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "As long as it's just one eMail per product, it's no reason to put them on my Spam List"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Haha!  Most people on this board are here and will come here because of the very reason that they want opensource, freedom, and PRIVACY.  So this thread and poll will end up wih a big fat NO, basically.   :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: rSl
anyone know how to improve that? (I'm no SEO expert :) )
Marketing pestered me with that some time ago. I remember using some free services to analyze my companies web site in that regard, I can dig in my inbox folder if you like...
I am no expert but I helped some sites of friends and clubs to get a better google search result place. Google ranks this way:

And get good youtube videos with good titles and links to dragonbox in their description. And get people to like you on FB, Twitter, youtube (G+).
Google filters "keyword bonanza" for a while now, so this can even backfire now
@topic: Voted a clear no, if I feel the need to write a review, I just do it. "Please review item bla" E-Mails are deleted right away + what ekianjo said

I also don't like the "give my email away" thing so much...

Otherwise I have to think of other ideas getting reviews of products and thus more publicity.
Maybe you can include just a message:

Hi, thank you for the stuff you bought !!!

Please write what you think of it here: <LINK TO SOME PLACE WITH (anonimous ??) REVIEWS>
So it's up to the buyer to decide if to give the email (if required).
You can also put a list of many sites, and if someone has time and will it can put reviews on all of them...

Haha! Most people on this board are here and will come here because of the very reason that they want opensource, freedom, and PRIVACY. So this thread and poll will end up wih a big fat NO, basically.
So far only 10 "no"es for 8 yes, this does not sound like a black or white answer :p
But all those yes'es have conditions, and you can see reluctancy in their responses. They all want to help Ed, and that is why they go out of their way to say yes, but they really don't like having their emails sent to third party. Don't you remember your pain with the Google survey you did here? ;)

If it helps you sell products then why not. 

I guess you could help these people by making it non-sign in and anonymous + Serial Number of product. I'm happy either way as it's a contribution somewhat

I do sometimes use review sites (positive and negative feedback), but dislike the direct mail option. If I received one from ED, I might fill it in but it would cost a degree of goodwill.

Finding a different route to get legitimate reviews on independant sites would be preferable.

I can't see the problem if you give people the option to opt out of sharing their email address with Verified Reviews during the ordering process. Even better, make the default to opt out but give the option to opt in.

@ED : in terms of SEO what are you wanting to happen? i.e. What sort of search terms would you like to see search engines linking to DragonBox shop.  

keep it to 10-15 questions and I'll do a survey

review... ehh I'd have to be pretty impressed/annoyed to actually type out my thoughts on most products

Now because I'm a nerd I do reviews/impressions on my gadget purchases. However, I don't think that's the norm. But I bet a fair amount of consumers wouldn't mind filling out a small survey either directly after purchase or a week/month later depending on shipping etc.

Looking at the poll results, I am guessing we weren't much help.
Because everyone in this forum seems to be caught up in deciding on the colour of their shoe laces.
Mine are going to be sparkly, thermochromic and made of unicorn hair!

As to helpful, it looks like going with this scheme would brass off 40% of people who care enough to vote in forum polls. 50 votes is enough for the uncertaintly to be pretty small.

Well, I'm now trying doing my own reviews with reminder mails, as well as SEO improvements, etc.

Everyone who already ordered from me: You can now rate or write a small review on the product page, if you like :D

No need to write a review, just rating helps as well :)

"Here are the orders you've placed since your account was created.

You have not placed any orders."

:/

Back