Vice (commodore Machines) 2.1

Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site
CODE
http://archive.gp2xwiz.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,72,24

I did a replacement/removal of the gp2x specific code to wiz code. Main changes were replacement of minimal lib functions with libcastor equivalents.
Clock setting works at 10 Mhz increments
I added some volume control but low volume doesnt work well just like the gp2x
I did try some of the other machines other than x64, they loaded, but didnt look right i think they needing scaling, but that doesnt appear to work either. Im not really planning on looking into it as ive never used anything other than x64. (and i dont have anything to run on the others anyway)
I added in the diag's when I was messing with the controls, i dont know if I really needed them, but they are there now.

x64 was what I was after and it works great. First thanks to the viceteam, Gnostic, and others. They have done a nice job with this.
Almost all games run fullspeed with the right combination of fastSID/reSID and clock speed. I believe from my tests so far fastSID with 650 Mhz will run most eveything fine. Some of the less demanding games can run at 533 with reSID.

I will try and put out some videos as I know some are really looking forward to this application.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh! I made a video, edited and all. But it was 13 min which is over the 10 min limit by youtube. I might transcode it to MPEG4 and then just upload it to the archive. What a pain.

'Pickle' said:
Ugh! I made a video, edited and all. But it was 13 min which is over the 10 min limit by youtube. I might transcode it to MPEG4 and then just upload it to the archive. What a pain.
Youtube sucks because of the time limit.. You can use google video which does not have a time limit. Doesn't make since to me since google owns youtube but thats a great alternative.

http://www.google.com/video/upload/

Youtube doesn't have that 10 minute time limit anymore. I'm certain I read somewhere that was lifted and I made a video that was longer than 10 minutes and it uploaded and works fine so that's proof of that.

'adolobe' said:
Youtube sucks because of the time limit.. You can use google video which does not have a time limit. Doesn't make since to me since google owns youtube but thats a great alternative.
Google bought Youtube, yes, but they've kept Google Video and Youtube pretty much completely separate, which is why they're so different. But yeah, I'm pretty sure the 10 minute maximum is gone now, I know I've watched longer videos on there before.

'Pickle' said:
Almost all games run fullspeed with the right combination of fastSID/reSID and clock speed. I believe from my tests so far fastSID with 650 Mhz will run most eveything fine. Some of the less demanding games can run at 533 with reSID.
Excellent work Pickle. Are the skipping/pausing and out of sync problems on certain games all sorted out now?

Not to go further down the rat hole, but Google has announced that it is shutting down Google Video uploads soon. I'm sure it is only a matter of time before all Google videos are rolled into Youtube so they can have one universal interface. Link:

CODE
http://googlevideo.blogspot.com/2009/01/turning-down-uploads-at-google-video.html

I just looked the video was removed, theres a line on it that says it was rejected for length.

Ive uploaded the video to the archive
CODE
http://archive.gp2xwiz.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,38,25

Has anyone managed to make vice work on 0.7.1 wiz? On my wiz it doesn't work...

Pickle posted on May 17 2009 at 08:35 PM said:
Its worked for me, I really need someone with a bob to check it.
I have a production unit (1.0) and it doesn't work for me, it just exits back to the main screen.

DaveC posted on May 18 2009 at 04:20 AM) [quote="Pickle posted on May 17 2009 at 08:35 PM said:
Its worked for me at I really need someone with a bob to check it.
I have a production unit (1.0"] and it doesn't work for me, it just exits back to the main screen.[/quote]Same problem here. Also production 1.0.

Same prob. My Wiz is also production unit 1.0.

How can we put libcastor.so in NAND without a BoB?

maxpelle posted on May 19 2009 at 01:27 PM said:

I think it can be done with bash script

Pickle posted on May 19 2009 at 06:33 PM said:
maxpelle posted on May 19 2009 at 01:27 PM said:

I think it can be done with bash script
Can someone kindly post the script sintax?

And also a litlle explaination on how to execute the script of course :)

CODE
#!/bin/sh

cp libcastor.so /lib/
cd /usr/gp2x
./gp2xmenu

Copy and paste these lines in an editor (Unix compatible, like Notepad++) and save the file as "install.gpe". Copy the file on the SD card together with the file you want to copy.
Use the Wiz launcher to open it.

Regards,
Stephan

P.S. That didn't work for me with Vice.

sbock posted on May 19 2009 at 07:08 PM said:
CODE
#!/bin/sh

cp libcastor.so /lib/
cd /usr/gp2x
./gp2xmenu
Copy and paste these lines in an editor (Unix compatible, like Notepad++) and save the file as "install.gpe". Copy the file on the SD card together with the file you want to copy.
Use the Wiz launcher to open it.

Regards,
Stephan

P.S. That didn't work for me with Vice.

I thought it might not, there must be something else missing.

OK, i got my serial cable ready with a lot of help from a nice guy at the german boards.
I traced the start from Vice x64:

CODE
SDL_Exitialize()
SDL Quit...
EXIT
Can't find /mnt/sd in /etc/fstab
./x64: /lib/libpng12.so.0: no version information available (required by ./x64)
./x64: /lib/libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_4.2.0' not found (required by ./x64)
Can't find /mnt/sd in /etc/fstab
view created...
GP2X wiz Mode...
FB_OpenMouse()
Using tslib touchscreen
Check joystick...
HYUN_DEBUG: pollux_audio_open()
HYUN_DEBUG: pollux_audio_open()
audio_set_fragments

Any clue?

Regards,
Stephan