Ioquake2 (cpufreq)

forgeflow said:
Woo Hoo! I've finished the game all the way to the end.
I think I'll play Quake from start to finish now.
Good job :)
I will try and fix this soon. Just as a warning something is wrong with collecting the runes with first quake episode and you cant get to subniggurath. Maybe you can get to it by cheating.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pickle said:
forgeflow said:
I will try and fix this soon. Just as a warning something is wrong with collecting the runes with first quake episode and you cant get to subniggurath. Maybe you can get to it by cheating.

I completed Quake 1 just fine and I collected the runes in this order 4-1-2-3.

Regards

André

Pickle said:
forgeflow said:
Hmm weird - I had no trouble with that. I'm going through Quake in the normal order - I've got the first rune already, and I'm on the last level of part 2 - just got busy with other things and have not finished the game yet. I did skip the "hidden" levels - particularly the low gravity one, because I figured that would be a gigantic pain in the ass on the Wiz. I'll try to carry on when I'm done watching my Battlestar Galactica blu-ray set. ;)

I'm playing Quake 2 (on easy) and I've reached the "DETENTION CENTER" level and I'm about to exit the level and go to the "SECURITY COMPLEX" level but Quake 2 crashes every time I try that. I have all 3 pak files and I've had no issues with Quake 2 so far. Anybody else having that issue. I'm using the pollux_dpc_set by the way also on Quake 2.

Regards

André

fettouhi said:
I'm playing Quake 2 (on easy) and I've reached the "DETENTION CENTER" level and I'm about to exit the level and go to the "SECURITY COMPLEX" level but Quake 2 crashes every time I try that. I have all 3 pak files and I've had no issues with Quake 2 so far. Anybody else having that issue. I'm using the pollux_dpc_set by the way also on Quake 2.

Regards

André

Try disabling sound and see if you get into the next level, then if you do turn sound back on.

Pickle said:
fettouhi said:

Regards

André

Try disabling sound and see if you get into the next level, then if you do turn sound back on.

Yup, that worked :D. Many thanks!

Regards

André

Well, I reached the PUMPING STATION TWO and I go back into the TOXIC WASTE DUMP again but when I leave the TOXIC WASTE DUMP in order to go into the area the leads me to the BIG GUN Quake II crashes on me every freaking time. I've tried to turn off the sound but nothing works :(.

Regards

André

I've just upgraded to firmware 1.2.1, and the Q2 mission packs won't work anymore. They start up just fine, but when you pick new/load game it crashes to the Wiz menu. Regular Quake 2 still works fine though. Has this happened to anyone else (I've tried reinstalling the files but it still does no good.)?

Back