Wiz Beta Of Ommpc2X 0.4.0

fettouhi said:
Coder_TimT said:

It doesn't do embedded, so it needs to be a file in the directory...Looks for AlbumArt.jpg, AlbumArtSmall.jpg, Folder.jpg, then just tries to grab the first jpg it comes to in the folder... Probably need to reexamine that list, but that is the current behavior.

Doesn't only look for jpg or can it display png?

Regards

André

Currently only looks for jpg.

EDIT: Just changed the Album Art code to look for the following...

Code:
{"cover.jpg", "cover.png", "folder.jpg", "folder.png",
"Cover.jpg", "Cover.png", "Folder.jpg", "Folder.png",
filename.jpg, filename.png, "AlbumArt.jpg", "albumart.jpg", "AlbumArt.png",
"albumart.png", "AlbumArtSmall.jpg", "albumartsmall.jpg",
"AlbumArtSmall.png", "albumartsmall.png"}

Also found out my issue with UTF-8 characters not displaying correctly. Unfortunately, I'm at my real job and working with an out of date copy of the code, so a build will have to wait until I'm home and can get changes commited/merged in svn. Plus I really should actually try to work on the stuff they're paying me for... New build late tonight Central Standard Time...

Last edited by a moderator:
I fiddled around with the fps settings but no success. You now get different pattern of flickering but no steady picture.

sbock said:
I fiddled around with the fps settings but no success. You now get different pattern of flickering but no steady picture.

Cool. Thanks. For now, I will probably change the keyboard not to display the keypress in the top corner which should get rid of most of the keyboard flicker. Then we'll have to see what other solution presents itself in the future...

Okay, two new test build executables trying to track down the flickering. The first is compiled without double buffering and the second is with Exophase's vsync code...

http://ommpc.googlecode.com/files/ommpc2x-nodb.zip
http://ommpc.googlecode.com/files/ommpc2x-vsync.zip

Also, attached are my current translation files. They contain a couple of added fields for the menu which were missing and a comment at the top because the first line is getting eaten by the UTF-8 code and I haven't taken the time to track down why. Just thought those trying out test builds might want updated copies as otherwise they will be missing some text...

momosxp said:
The vsync version freezes on mainmenu and still flicker without vsync

Confirmed.

Here's a picture with vsync:

ommpx1.jpg

UTF-8 now works perfectly. I updated the language file again. Some changes to better fit the icons, some changes for better understanding.
The virtual keyboard isn't supported with the language file yet, right?

http://www.sbock.net/upload/de

sbock said:
momosxp said:
The vsync version freezes on mainmenu and still flicker without vsync

Confirmed.

UTF-8 now works perfectly. I updated the language file again. Some changes to better fit the icons, some changes for better understanding.
The virtual keyboard isn't supported with the language file yet, right?

Bummer. Thanks guys. Apparently I've misused the vsync code or possibly it can only be used with the minimal lib and not sdl. I guess I'll just make the changes to minimize the impact, but it still bugs me.

Yep, turns out the keyboard is not supported yet. I saw the entries in the language file and thought maybe I coded that sometime without realizing it, but that does not appear to be the case...shouldn't be too hard, just take a little time.

Hmm, perhaps we need some advise from a Wiz SDL expert like Alex...

Don't know if it's a bug, but i can't make playlists. If i save one it will ever be empty..
Maybe i'm doing something wrong. Is there a guide how to do it?

momosxp said:
Don't know if it's a bug, but i can't make playlists. If i save one it will ever be empty..
Maybe i'm doing something wrong. Is there a guide how to do it?

I don't really have any guide, but I'll give a quick overview that will hopefully help...

The "Playlists" screen
  • From this screen you can load and save playlist and create a random or blank one.
  • New Playlist creates a blank playlist, Random creates a playlist of 50 random songs.
  • Save will save what is currently in your playlist so you can choose it from the list and load it later.
  • Manual creation of playlists happen from the Media Library

Creation of Playlists in the Media Library
  • From here you can add a song/folder/genre/artist/etc to your current playlist.
  • Pressing 'B' on a song will add that song to the current playlist and immediately play it.
  • Pressing 'A' will append the song to the playlist but leave you in the library to select more. You can also use 'A' on folders/genres/artist to add all songs under that section to the playlist.
  • Pressing 'Y' on a song/folder/artist/etc will add the selection as a new playlist...removing your old one.

So, the basics would be selecting "New Playlist", then going to the Library and adding music from some method above, then going back to Playlists and selecting "Save Playlist". Also, I just noticed you apparently can't save over the top of an existing playlist, which may be what your actually experiencing if you saved a blank playlist first and are now trying to overwrite it.

Anyway, hope that helps.
Tim

The configuration screen is also affected from a strange flickering (forget to mention this earlier).
In fact you can see the flickering in any screen, but you must lock very closely.
It's really only annoying in the 3 situations.

Here's a video:

http://www.sbock.net/upload/flicker.mpg

Hello, here is a quick translation to Spanish:

Code:
LANG_BKMRKS=Marcador
 LANG_CREATE_BKMRK=Crear Marcador
 LANG_BROWSE_ARTISTS=Buscar Artistas
 LANG_BROWSE_ALBUMS=Buscar Albums
 LANG_BROWSE_GENRES=Buscar Generos
 LANG_BROWSE_MEDIA=Buscar Medios
 LANG_ARTISTS=Artistas
 LANG_ALL_SONGS=Todas las Canciones
 LANG_ALL_SONGS_ARTIST=Todas las Canciones por Artista
 LANG_ALL_SONGS_GENRE=Todas las Canciones por Genero
 LANG_NO_SONGS=No hay canciones en BD, actualizar desde el Menu
 LANG_NO_SONGS_PL=No hay canciones en la playlist...
 LANG_FILESYSTEM=Sistema de Ficheros
 LANG_ALBUMS=Albums
 LANG_GENRES=Generos
 LANG_ARTIST_FILTER=Filtro por Artista
 LANG_ALBUMS_FILTER=Filtro por Album
 LANG_GENRE_FILTER=Filtro por Genero
 LANG_UNKNOWN=--Desconocido--
 LANG_KEY_CLEAR=Limpiar
 LANG_KEY_CANCEL=Cancelar
 LANG_KEY_NUMS=1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0
 LANG_KEY_NUMS_SHIFT=!,@,#,$,%,^,&,*,(,)
 LANG_KEY_QWERTY=q,w,e,r,t,y,u,i,o,p
 LANG_KEY_QWERTY_SHIFT=Q,W,E,R,T,Y,U,I,O,P
 LANG_KEY_ASDF=a,s,d,f,g,h,j,k,l
 LANG_KEY_ASDF_SHIFT=A,S,D,F,G,H,J,K,L
 LANG_KEY_ZXCV=Shift,z,x,c,v,b,n,m,Enter
 LANG_KEY_ZXCV_SHIFT=Shift,Z,X,C,V,B,N,M,Enter
 LANG_KEY_BOTM=/,Coma,., ,-,',Back
 LANG_KEY_BOTM_SHIFT=?,<,>, ,_,",Back
 LANG_RET_TO_PLAYER=Volver al reproductor
 LANG_SAVE_PL=Guardar Playlist
 LANG_PL=Playlists
 LANG_NEW_PL=Nueva Playlist
 LANG_RAND_PL=Playlist al Azar
 LANG_ADD_ALL_SONGS=Anadir Todas las Canciones
 LANG_DEFAULT_PL_PREFIX=playlist_
 LANG_SAVE_PL_AS=Guardar Playlist Como...
 LANG_MENU=Asignacion de Teclas
 LANG_CANCEL=Cancelar
 LANG_CLOCK=Velocidad de Reloj
 LANG_CLOCK_LOCKED=Velocidad en Bloqueo
 LANG_SHOW_ART=Mostrar Caratula
 LANG_SKIN=Piel
 LANG_SOFT_VOL=Vol. Software
 LANG_INSTALL_PATH=Path Instalacion
 LANG_MUSIC_PATH=Path de Musica
 LANG_PL_PATH=Path de Playlist
 LANG_ART_PATH=Path de Caratulas
 LANG_SAVE=Guardar
 LANG_MPD_NOT_STARTED=MPD no iniciado, edita configuracion y reinicia
 LANG_MENU_NP=Tocando Ahora
 LANG_MENU_PL=Playlist Actual
 LANG_MENU_LIB=Libreria Musical
 LANG_MENU_PLS=Playlists
 LANG_MENU_BKMRKS=Marcas
 LANG_MENU_MAIN=Menu Principal
 LANG_MENU_OPTIONS=Opciones
 LANG_MENU_SET=Configuracion
 LANG_MENU_UPDATE=Actualizar BD
 LANG_MENU_DETACH=Separar Cliente
 LANG_MENU_EXIT=Salir
 #Keybinding names
 LANG_BINDINGS=Mostrar Teclas Modo Actual
 LANG_GLOBAL_BINDINGS=Mostrar Teclas Globales
 BIND_RIGHT=Derecha
 BIND_LEFT=Izquierda
 BIND_UP=Arriba
 BIND_DOWN=Abajo
 BIND_DETACH_CLIENT=Separar Cliente
 BIND_SHOW_CONTROLS=Mostrar Controles
 BIND_VOL_UP=Bajar Volumen
 BIND_VOL_DOWN=Subir Volumen
 BIND_SHOW_MENU=Mostrar Menu
 BIND_LOCK=Bloquear Pantalla
 BIND_TOGGLE_MODE=Cambiar Modo
 BIND_TOGGLE_VIEW=Cambiar Vista
 BIND_MENU_SELECT=Seleccionar
 BIND_MENU_CANCEL=Cancelar
 BIND_MENU_HELP=Asignacion de Teclas
 BIND_LIB_SELECT=Seleccionar
 BIND_LIB_PLAY_PAUSE=Tocar/Pausa
 BIND_LIB_PREV_DIR=Dir Prev
 BIND_LIB_STOP=Parar
 BIND_LIB_ADD_TO_PL=Anadir a la Playlist
 BIND_LIB_ADD_AS_PL=Anadir como Playlist
 BIND_LIB_QUEUE=Anadir a la Cola
 BIND_PL_PLAY_PAUSE=Tocar/Pausa
 BIND_PL_STOP=Parar
 BIND_PL_NEXT=Siguiente
 BIND_PL_FF=Avance Rapido
 BIND_PL_PREV=Prev
 BIND_PL_REW=Rebobinar
 BIND_PL_TOGGLE_RND_RPT=Alternar Rnd/Rpt
 BIND_PL_RND=Rnd
 BIND_PL_RPT=Rpt
 BIND_PL_REMOVE_FROM_PL=Br desde Playlist
 BIND_PL_MOVE_IN_PL=Mover a la Playlist
 BIND_PL_QUEUE_NEXT=Cola
 BIND_PLBROWSE_SELECT=Seleccionar
 BIND_PLBROWSE_PLAY_PAUSE=Tocar/Pausa
 BIND_PLBROWSE_STOP=Parar
 BIND_PLBROWSE_APPEND=Anadir
 BIND_PLBROWSE_DEL=Borrar
 BIND_BOOKMRK_SELECT=Seleccionar
 BIND_BOOKMRK_PLAY_PAUSE=Tocar/Pausa
 BIND_BOOKMRK_STOP=Parar
 BIND_BOOKMRK_DEL=Borrar

momosxp said:
thanx, can make playlists now :)
Good to hear.

Hardyx said:
Hello, here is a quick translation to Spanish:

...snip...
Muchas Gracias :) I'll get it added to the next build.

sbock said:
The configuration screen is also affected from a strange flickering (forget to mention this earlier).
In fact you can see the flickering in any screen, but you must lock very closely.
It's really only annoying in the 3 situations.

Here's a video:

http://www.sbock.net/upload/flicker.mpg
New build attached. SWSURFACE and no double buffering as recommended by Pickle. Pretty sure I never hit this combo in the other builds I've made..

We have a winner! :) No flickering anymore! Brilliant!

@Hardyx
Thanks for your contribution!

I converted the Spanish language file and tested it. Looks good. I also tried to add some Spanish charakters and they work too with UDF-8.

http://www.sbock.net/upload/es

sbock said:
We have a winner! :) No flickering anymore! Brilliant!

@hardyx
Thanks for your contribution!

AWESOME! New full build forthcoming soon. Probably be later tonight though. I've been informed yardwork comes first... :)

Tested 0.4.3. Language support work, no flickering anymore. DB crashes are still there. I will examine this further.

We get some great support from our Spanish friends here:
http://www.gp32spain.com/foros/showthread.php?t=66627

Google translation here.

Now we got Basque (Euskara) translation file from Bizkaitarra. Thanks!
http://www.sbock.net/upload/eu

Here's a question from pedator:
sbock, i hope maybe TimT Coder can reduce the size of typography in managing the playlist. The lines are so long that is no easy to read the filenames completely.

I posted the news with a request for other translations at the German boards:
http://forum.gp2x.de/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7710

Google translation here.

I presume we have some Dutch, Danish, Polish, Turkish and French speaking persons there.

I slightly changed the German file again:

You added a line break in this line but I can't see any effect:
Code:
LANG_MPD_NOT_STARTED=MPD nicht gestartet, Programm Pfad anpassen und Neustart.
Since this line is scrolled in your application it's good to read even it's very long.

Ok, the db crashes are there, but very seldom now. No comparison to early versions.
I needed about half an hour extensive testing to get this segfault log:

Code:
HYUN_DEBUG: pollux_audio_open() 
here 80
command menu stetet
waiting before executing songdb thread
updating song db
Segmentation fault
view created...
GP2X wiz Mode...
FB_OpenMouse()

Only hint I can give: Ogg Music running in the background. But Ogg can't be the problem...

Three little requests/suggestions:

-The Wiz has a build in hold button. Is it possible to map the hold function to it? The hold button is already working. It would be nice if the functions clock down and turn of the display could be integrated in the future.

-I noticed that the progress bar sometimes go backwards. Is it because you don't use a monospaced font? It's only a little glitch but it sometimes irritates. The same problem is noticeable on the F-200.

-What about adding the year to the ID3 infos?

[Edit:] I found a workaround for the "detach client" crash: Simply turn off the "Keytone Volume" of the Wiz menu. Now this function works like a charm. Now you can even use the "Screen Off Time" function of the menu and can hear music with screen off.

sbock said:
...translations...

I slightly changed the German file again:

You added a line break in this line but I can't see any effect:
Code:
LANG_MPD_NOT_STARTED=MPD nicht gestartet, Programm Pfad anpassen und Neustart.
Since this line is scrolled in your application it's good to read even it's very long.
Completely unintentional. I will get the corrected version in next full build as well and the other(s) mentioned and the corrected English version.

sbock said:
Ok, the db crashes are there, but now very seldom now. No comparison to early versions.
I needed about half an hour extensive testing to get this segfault log:

Code:
HYUN_DEBUG: pollux_audio_open() 
here 80
command menu stetet
waiting before executing songdb thread
updating song db
Segmentation fault
view created...
GP2X wiz Mode...
FB_OpenMouse()

Only hint I can give: Ogg Music running in the background. But Ogg can't be the problem...

Okay, from that I might be on the right track...I'll create another test build with some verbose output around the song db update.

Two little requests/suggestions:

-The Wiz has a build in hold button. Is it possible to map the hold function to it? The hold button is already working. It would be nice if the functions clock down and turn of the display could be integrated in the future.

-I noticed that the progress bar sometimes go backwards. Is it because you don't use a monospaced font? It's only a little glitch but it sometimes irritates. The same problem is noticeable on the F-200.

-What about adding the year to the ID3 infos?

[Edit:] I found a workaround for the "detach client" crash: Simply turn off the "Keytone Volume" of the Wiz menu.

• Hold button - I'll research/ask about it and if it is exposed to SDL. I had assumed if it was a systemwide hold button, it wouldn't be...
  • Progress bar - Yeah, that needs fixed. Was to be part of a UI cleanup I never did.
  • ID3 year - Sure why not, was going to put bitrate too, just never did it. Also need to bind that to a key so it can be accessed without the touchscreen.
  • Detach client - Excellant! Someone mentioned playing MAME while listening to music, and I was wondering how they managed that. Apparently they already had that option off.

Okay, I'm 99% sure I have the db update crash fixed. The update takes place in two parts, first the mpd db is updated and then the song db that enables id3 tag browsing is updated. So as to not block the UI, the song db update happens in it's own thread which is supposed to wait on the mpd db update before proceeding or as we know it might crash. The flag I check was supposed to be 1 if the database was still updating which was what I was checking for, however the value of that variable was actually the number of times mpd had been updated since started...so it was only 1 the first time... Subsequent times, the songdb thread would go ahead and take off before the mpd update was finished... I really hope that's what the issue was, I haven't been able to trigger a crash since...so far.

Also, if you could tell Predator to work off of skin_noart.conf in skinning endeavors as that is the file being used currently. Feel free to ask any questions about what each of those items are...

Back