Vice2x

prairiefire

Ultimate Frisbee Nut
Website
Visit site
Has anyone tried to play Neuromancer on vice-gp2x-1.20? I'm trying to get this game going and although I can successfully get to the title screen, can enter in my name, anything after that the screen goes black. I used to play this years ago and it would be awesome if anyone could help me out in getting this one running. I played around with the vice settings a bit but didn't notice any changes or improvements.

Has anyone tried to play Neuromancer on vice-gp2x-1.20? I'm trying to get this game going and although I can successfully get to the title screen, can enter in my name, anything after that the screen goes black. I used to play this years ago and it would be awesome if anyone could help me out in getting this one running. I played around with the vice settings a bit but didn't notice any changes or improvements.

Have you tried it on Frodo? Some games are picky like that ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay so I tried in both emulators and it is still giving me the same issue. I've been able to track down two different d64 files and one (NEUROMA0-NEUROMA4) gives a pink screen (in both frodo/frodoPC and in vice2x), the other (neuro1-neuro4) allows me to successfully get to the title screen but after typing in my name and hitting return, both screens go black (the emulator isn't frozen as i can still use all of the available controls). I have tried waiting out the game to see if it's just a long loading time, but I doubt this is the case as I waited for a few minutes.. even with an overclock of 250 MHz. Can others please try out this game with their system and see if they get the same, or if i'm doing something incorrectly? I have to say that IMO, this is one of the best C64 games created.

Edit: Okay so I tried this on WinVICE and the game works with unlimited speed... my thoughts are the game is asking too much of the GP2X to run (and the black screen is a really long loading time)

I just did the 1000% speed trick at loading times - it's actually emulating it AT that speed.

Allan.

Back