Vicex64 Issues

pcp

Still Fresh
Heya guys.

Is everyone here experiencing issues with ViceX64 or is there some trick that I've overseen to make it work perfectly?

I have tried lots of games (including different releases) and not one of them is running perfectly. I've tried running Vice at 500mhz, 600mhz, 700mhz and 800mhz but it doesn't seem to make any difference. The problem is that the sound skips, the graphics has artifacts and games are close to unplayable for me, especially the sound skipping is annoying as the C64's SID chip makes sound half the fun when playing C64 games.

So, can someone please tell me how I can get Vice to run perfectly? I don't see why the Pandora shouldn't be able to emulate C64 100%.

Thanks in advance! :)

sverm said:
I brought my Sid settings down to 22000Hz and it plays a lot smoother.

Thanks for the tip, but I tried that as well and the performance still sucks. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
If there's an option to change reSID to fastSID try switching (maybe you can start it through command line and change switches if there's no GUI option - check the homepage for cmd switches). I had some problems with that issue on the Wiz, I'll take a look at how I got it running smoother sometime, I haven't time now.

Seems fine here, I only wish I could map Up as both D-pad Up and a button at the same time!

I used to have severe slowdown/weirdness problems at times, but it mostly seemed to be the bug when coming out of low power mode (closing the lid), where the clock would be permanently set low. The other thing that would happen is that the Vice warp mode would become enabled by itself... But neither have happened for a while.

I'm not sure what the problem is for you but vice runs perfectly for me. The only delay is when initially opening the directory with games in as I have quite a few. Takes about 15 seconds to list them.

Try updating your Pandora, maybe even re-flash the firmware. Seems like others are not having any trouble.

Hm, but Vice didn't have any performance issues since before the Pandora was even released, so it should work with EVERY firmware released so far.

Are you using the default settings? Any chance telling me what game you tried so I can try it as well?

Back