Video clips

chris118

Still Fresh
Can the GP32 play episodes of the simpsons and movies and shows and stuff like that? and how much can a SMC hold? i think i read somewhere that it can hold 128mb. so does that mean you can put more than 1 game on there? and can you erase them and put something different on them?

the system is completely eraseable, rewriteable, reuseable. a 22 minute cartoon takes just over 22mb, so you can fit five episodes onto a memory card - or, say, three episodes, Doom 2 and Sam & Max Hit The Road.

--jo "directhex" shields

I've shoved half of road to perdition on mine - with good sound quality that took up around 70meg I think --

and a load of music videos(Somehow they seem the same size as the mp3s but somehow retain the quality very well)

I use a program called dvdx or something like that(see sourceforge.net and type in 'dvd') that is completely free and rips dvd just fine and dandy.

Then use ole virtua dub to get exactly how you want it - ready for your gp32 - and virtualdub does avi capture(tv capture cards etc)

so there.

How much you get on a smart media card depends on how it's been encoded, but figure on about a meg per minute. More for better sound/picture, and less if you don't mind really crunching the files. FWIW, I have a (just) watchable version of Aliens on a SMC that weighs in at about 2 hours, and a much clearer Italian Job that runs to 90 minutes.

Hmmm... I create the files using VirtualDub.
I was just wondering if anyone tested out the restrictions of MoviePark.

How many frames per second can it handle?
How good can the sound compression be (44kHz Stereo)?
What's the highest data rate MoviePark can handle?

I'm too tired to try that out, maybe one has already tested all this...?

timthepig posted on Mar 25 2003 said:
I've shoved half of road to perdition on mine - with good sound quality that took up around 70meg I think --

and a load of music videos(Somehow they seem the same size as the mp3s but somehow retain the quality very well)

I use a program called dvdx or something like that(see sourceforge.net and type in 'dvd') that is completely free and rips dvd just fine and dandy.

Then use ole virtua dub to get exactly how you want it - ready for your gp32 - and virtualdub does avi capture(tv capture cards etc)

so there.
any chance of sharing ur VD setting with us, I have tried to do it but won;t play them back, are u using movie park ?

Last edited by a moderator:
cheersa mate got it working now, bought moviepark ! it helped, all the files i had encoded already and tried to play on the divx player worked so it was cool. anybody sharing there fiels via kazaa or emule ? gonna add some file links to sharereactor i think, c i f we can't get them circulated !

Back