Virginplay Official Smc!! (with His Own Sticks)

Wolfsclaw posted on May 31 2004 at 06:03 PM said:
its not possible to make 128+MB smcs ;)
Never say never. ;)

But if there were SMC`s larger than 128MB, The GP32 would have to be modified to be able to use them anyway.

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
its possible to make 256mb smc cards
its possible to make them at 3.3v
gp32 can read them physically

you "only" have to modify the bios and the sdk libs.

yeah the only problem is the bios wont read over 128, its the same problem with smc-sd converter all you really need to do is have a bios that supports it.

Vimacs posted on May 31 2004 at 05:16 PM said:
its possible to make 256mb smc cards
its possible to make them at 3.3v
gp32 can read them physically

you "only" have to modify the bios and the sdk libs.
Right, that's what I think. ;)

smc as a format is dead, nobody is going to make new ones >128.

PS. Those pics could easily have been faked up, I for one have hi-res versions of those images. They're the GP32 Euro launch press shots.

taras posted on May 31 2004 at 06:10 PM said:
PS. Those pics could easily have been faked up, I for one have hi-res versions of those images. They're the GP32 Euro launch press shots.
Which is a good reason for believeing they could be genuine...we'll have to wait and see, I guess.

They actually remind me a little of the NGPC print ads, only rubbish.

What's with that gay guy in the background? He looks supsicious..... <_<

And I like the grey bits, I wouldn't want an entirely white one....

Of course, as everyone here probably knows, this venture will probably go tits up, primarily because the GP32 will work fine with non-Virgin SMCs, and they are, by a long shot, cheaper. But I suppose its not going to stop them trying...

256Mb SMCs would be great; unfortuantely, they would need a bios upgrade, as has been mentioned, though.

I hope everyone knows that a Russian electronics company produced a 256 SMC you could buy and use at 3.3v about 2 1/2 years ago. I WAS going to purchase it.......BUT The only problem is it was extremely costly, how about 300USD for 1 SMC??

yeah thats alittle pricey for my rich blood.

Back