Vnc

Status
Not open for further replies.

chad78

Website
Visit site
I've used VNC Viewer on my N800, and it's very cool to basically add touchscreen capablities to any and all of my other computers. Will Pandora run a VNC viewer? How about a VNC server? (Not too sure why it needs that one, though.)

chad78 said:
I've used VNC Viewer on my N800, and it's very cool to basically add touchscreen capablities to any and all of my other computers. Will Pandora run a VNC viewer? How about a VNC server? (Not too sure why it needs that one, though.)
Since it's available as an ARM port already, it shouldn't be too hard to do either client or server. I'm kind of intrigued about the prospects of a NoMachine NX client (doing the FreeNX thing...) on it as well- but that's a bit of a larger stretch as I don't believe there's any ARM based versions floating about for the GPLed pieces that would allow that one to happen- yet...

Last edited by a moderator:
chad78 said:
Yes, there's no reason why you wouldn't be able to, but VNC doesn't work wonders over WiFi. The limited bandwidth often makes transferring the display of the other machine a slideshow. More likely is the possibility of using VNC to turn the touchscreen of the Pandora into an input device for a desktop computer.

Yea, I was thinking it'd be cool if the Pandora could be turned into a fancy joystick or mouse with special configurations. A little far-fetched perhaps, but I could see some use in this. :)

javaJake said:
Yea, I was thinking it'd be cool if the Pandora could be turned into a fancy joystick or mouse with special configurations. A little far-fetched perhaps, but I could see some use in this. :)
Using the touchscreen as an input device is not far-fetched at all! The iPhone/iPod Touch has a VNC client that allows you to use the touch screen to move the cursor on a desktop machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back