Voice Automated Loading

Spadoof

Website
Visit site
Dear readers,

I myself have been quite interested in the fact that this new and upcoming game system will have a microphone. (Straight to the point) Is there anyway that a program can be created to recognize a voice pattern and then boot up a corresponding program. The only reason this idea occured to me was because I started to use the voice dialing on my phone resently. I honestly have no idea how this could be done, but i do believe the gp2x had a "Hot Key" program, so it would be kinda the same, but with voice. The program would probably have to run in the background for it to have any kind of value though. In any case this is just an Eyecandy program, so tell me what you think.

Thanks for listening,
-Spadoof :gp2x

You soon will be mine :pandora1:

Spadoof said:
Dear readers,

I myself have been quite interested in the fact that this new and upcoming game system will have a microphone. (Straight to the point) Is there anyway that a program can be created to recognize a voice pattern and then boot up a corresponding program. The only reason this idea occured to me was because I started to use the voice dialing on my phone resently. I honestly have no idea how this could be done, but i do believe the gp2x had a "Hot Key" program, so it would be kinda the same, but with voice. The program would probably have to run in the background for it to have any kind of value though. In any case this is just an Eyecandy program, so tell me what you think.

Thanks for listening,

There's some open source Speech Recognition engines, so if someone wanted to do a port, it'd definitely be possible:

VoxForge
CMU Sphinx Group's Open Source Speech Project

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice Idea. :) Would be to cool if we could start the Pandora itself over voice...maybe reactivating the System from hibernate mode with a special command or so.
"BOOT UP, BITCH!"...etc... :lol:

I myself do not know how to port. If anyone could do this it would be greatly appriciated! In anycase it would just be an extra feature you could blow your friends minds with.

Kinda off topic but does anyone think that the microphone will be used in any games? I mean, do you think it will be used as more of just a voice recorder or more voice reconicion in apps and games?

Thanks,
Spadoof

Voice is primarily used for convenience, or a form of communication. If neither can be implemented in a game, then you won't see it in a game. In terms of using voice as a part of the game itself (like "OBJECTION!" :p ) I think many users here would shy from that due to its gimmicky stereotype and, well, awkwardness.

I honestly never used voice dialing or recognition of any type, it's simply awkward, error-prone and slower than pressing keys, assuming you know what to press.

Nevertheless, it's great for physically impaired people. Not that the Pandora would appeal to them most likely, though.

I think many users here would shy from that due to its gimmicky stereotype and, well, awkwardness.

I agree. When I had my DS, I would always make sure to look around in both directions before speaking to my system.

Back