Voip Applications On Pandora

pder

One thing I'm interested in trying on the Pandora is using it for voice communications since it has a built in microphone. Obviously skype is out of the question, but I was wondering if anyone had tried any of the free alternatives.

For example, on my linux laptop, I use empathy for google voice chat and it works very well. Has anyone tried building this for the Pandora or similar hardware?

Another possibility is using a softphone application that could communicate with a PBX like asterisk. You would then have the possibility of dialing out to ordinary cell phones or land lines. It might be kind of nice to be able to place calls whenever you have a wifi connection.

Any thoughts?

Empathy is available in the angstrom repo. I'll try installing it to my beagleboard tonight.
The only microphone I have is unpowered, unfortunately, which means I wouldn't be able to talk to anyone, but I could listen. I suppose I could shout into the microphone, it might pick up something then.
Anywho, yeah, I'll give it a shot, see if it actually runs.

I use Ekiga. It's quite simple, but provides all the functions I need from a VoIP tool. I use diamondcard.us for dialing to cell phones.
I'm not sure whether it is available in the Angstrom repo, but there is an ARM build in the Debian repo, so no problems with compilation for Pandora.

I didn't knew about this feature of Pandora. I am going to use it for the VOIP. IS there any installation or setting needed for use of it?? Please guide me as it's completely new concept for me.

Back