Can A Pandora Replace My Phone?

MrDowntempo

Still Fresh
I have an iphone now and as far as phones go it is decent. Its not bad as a gaming platform either, but the lack of a d-pad and buttons is a big crux for some games. That's why I can't wait to get my pandora! The nice thing about playing games on my iphone though is I only have to carry one device. Which makes me wonder, can the Pandora replace my phone? If I were to get a 3G antennae for it could I use google voice or skype with a headset? Has anyone tried replace their phone with a pandora?

If not oh well. I can always lug around an extra device if I must =)

Yes.
There are 3G USB devices that can even make voice calls. But then you'd have a device which is larger than your phone, made even more cumbersome by a dongle sticking out the back.

the dongle issue could easily be quelled with a short usb extension cable (and the hard rubber cut off with the exposed cables wrapped in electical tape so the extansion cable isn't cumbersome as well... will be nice when these companies start thinking forward and making a lot of these dongles as mini-dongles from the start... it annoys me when companies wanna milk archaic designs dry before moving to the innovative stuff...

this is a bit makeshift with the electrical tape part (granted, you could alwas buy a right-angle adaptor or extension cable as well) but it gets the job done...

Wrong question.

We all know that the Pandora does not have a phone - so the question is moot.

The real question: Can your iPhone replace your Pandora?
That is a much harder one to answer.

Grench said:
Wrong question.

We all know that the Pandora does not have a phone - so the question is moot.

The real question: Can your iPhone replace your Pandora?
That is a much harder one to answer.
Rly? I say nevaaaar!

Last edited by a moderator:
It can replace your phone, just pretend it's like the iphone 4 and assume you are holding it wrong when you cant get a signal.

Belthos

Yes, the Pandora call replace your phone, the only flaw is that you can't phone anybody.

Divpax said:
Yes, the Pandora call replace your phone, the only flaw is that you can't phone anybody.
so its just like an iphone!

well, this request http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/56173-port-request-twinklephone/ along with a 3g dongle of some sort (or 3G mobile hotspot) and a headset (wired or bluetooth) SHOULD take care of the phone part of this whole thread...

Back