Best phone to use with Pandora...

Is there any chance you could try tethering your Pandora to your brother's N8 when next you see him? I would be oh so gratefull... :)

You do have a Pandora right? ...What happened to your E71?

It's a little hard for me to find the time and opportunity to try tethering to a symbian phone myself... as I live in such an uncivilized part of the world.

I'll be setting up two stands tomorrow for the festival (which is held in a town that does actually have cell shops), but I will be trading from 8:30am - about 6pm each day... then all the shops will be closed.

Still waiting on my Pandora - it is a premium so hopefully will arrive sometime soon, CC allowing :D

I don't see my brother all that often, as we live 450 miles apart - but will certainly try next time I see him (he does pop down to London a fair bit, so will ask him when he is next coming down).

I still have the E71, I can't make my mind up whether to stick with my Android phone or go back to the Nokia. Maybe once I have my Pandy I'll be able to make up my mind. I will get round to doing some Android development one of these days, which was the main reason I bought it (alas, baby arriving last year == very little free time :D )

After much deliberation and research while working the festivals... I have decided to go for the...

HTC Sensation

:rolleyes:

You may wonder why after making such a fuss over going for a 'cheap' phone I ended up going for HTC's current flagship.

Well, firstly, after basically setting my sights on the N8 I came to see it's price (R5000) as the top of my allowable budget.

I then spoke to a friend who use to work for Nokia... This along with numerous reports on Symbian made me lose interest in the N8.

Another friend living in the UK then suggested he purchase the iPhone 4 for me as in his country it came to R5300 or something like that.

Initially I was rather excited, then I remembered the absolute headache it was trying to give another friend of mine (who owned an iPhone 4) some of my media. He didn't have a computer. I didn't have iTunes. I researched iOS... And realized that I have no interest in selling my soul to Apple. How dare they actually? And no, if I have to jailbreak the phone merely to get it to function as I would expect any smartphone to do... I just find that unacceptable.

For the same price I could get a HTC Desire HD in my country. I see why everyone loves Android now... but... in a gadget magazine I saw an advert for an as yet unreleased 'Superphone' that will be available for a similar price to the Desire HD!

I did my research...

I was well pleased with what I found.

And when it became available I took a visit to a shop dedicated to my service provider and had a chat with them. The conclusion is:

I can *save* money on my internet by going for a TopUp 400 contract which gives me 400min airtime - converted to a data package gives me 2.3gb with some airtime to spare (cheaper than buying a data package on pay-as-you-go). I *never* spend less than R400 a month on airtime/data packages so it's really silly for me NOT to be on this contract. Also, with this contract I can buy more airtime / data whenever I need - it won't automatically be sucked out of my bank account - I'll be in charge of my spending.

I signed up and only had to pay in:

R1969 for the HTC Sensation!!! :D

Wow!

Only thing is they didn't have a Sensation in-store or in any other store within the city (too new)... so it's going to be couriered to me Wednesday or Thursday.

I will of course let you all know just how well this phone works with my Pandora when I get it. :)

P.s. I researched the Samsung Galaxy S II and the HTC EVO 3D (which isn't out yet) as well, but for the price i wanted to pay, along with build quality, looks and the features I was after (i.e. the 8mp camera) - the Sensation is the phone for me.

Back