Voltage Regulator Mess ...

nik166

:3 :3 :3
hi, i seem to have a voltage regulator problem, the GP works only from the PSU, and only shows a white screen with some lines if i run it from battery , the green light also fades out immediately

it already happened, i could "fix" with a good spanking, but it doesn't work anymore obviously, the led fading changes, but nothing more ... i've been told it's a voltage regulator problem, so anybody knows more about it and how to really fix it?

Vimacs

Don't be evil!
Website
Visit site
when shakeing the unit helped its probably a cold solder joint or bend battery springs, check if the batterys sit tight.

nik166

battery is ok, and the power goes to the screen anyway it's WHITE, not blank: backlight on and a few color lines appearing...

nik166

it's quite much out of warranty :D

if it can be fixed, then it can probably be my myself too i guess no ? :p

Vimacs

Don't be evil!
Website
Visit site
probably, i dont know exactly wich part it is, but you can drop evildragon a pm and he will probably sell you one.

nik166

it seems to be a kinda weak part in the GP, strange that there's still no diagnosing/fixing tutorial about that yet?

i'll ask evildragon and possibly do one :p

I

i_am_a_noob

Vimacs posted on Sep 8 2006 at 06:38 AM said:
probably, i dont know exactly wich part it is, but you can drop evildragon a pm and he will probably sell you one.

it hasn't been the faster reply lately :(

Last edited by a moderator:

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, sorry, didn't have much time lately checking PMs and replying :(
Hope it will get better in the future :)

Well, it sounds like the LTSK is broken, usually happens if you use a PSU with wrong polarity once.
It's a bitch to exchange, but definately possible (I have done this a few times).

nik166

i haven't even used the psu since it stopped working! :p
it worked one day, then the next day i took the gp with me and tried to run it, and got that white screen .... as simple as that

the psu still works by the way :D

nik166

grr, today it works again:eek:

i should be happy, except it's not because of me ! so it may mess again anytime .... i fould a little solder shit on L14 (near the red LED, LCD side ) i wonder if it could have been the source of the problem ?

i'll keep looking for other shits on other resistors, who knows :p