Wallpaper Wips

nikkopt said:
Monk said:
Hmmm - there's a weird N-Gon on the back but I don't think that will trouble me unduly.

I warned you :p . They can be a pain in the ass in some renderers, anyway, that one is easily fixable :p
The WIP's are looking good ;)
Btw, what render settings are you using?

In DAZ Studio? It varies from scene to scene for most things - but I'm using a global light at low levels and ambient occlusion in this scene and an area light with lots of samples and the brightness turned up to 280%. I'm haivng to use a cube to replace the Pandora's screen as for some reason the area light does NOT work well with the Pandora screen itself. I freely admit that I'm not actually all that familiar with DAZ Studio 3, so I've been using these images as a self-tutorial on some of the features :)

Otherwise most of the default Studio "set to maximum" settings are applied. The wait can be onerous but it's not too bad as I'm never without something else to do.

Oh - I'm using a couple of different preset skin shaders and producing two renders, then compositing them by eye to get a result I like. I could probably make the renders quicker by honing in on the exact settings I want but, again, render time is cheap enough that I'm happy to composit for now. pwShader shaders (so a bit long in the tooth). I (quite deliverately) haven't used anything that hasn't been released to the public yet.

I'd like to do some tweaks and even (gasp) post work on the latest renders, but won't have time today or tomorrow for sure, so here's the "final if I die on the operating table" versions... first, as mother nature intended:

wtxhu0.png

Then, U rated!

2rxvade.png

I'm not sure how much mor eI'll get to post today, but the dragon render was going well last time I saw it and of course there isn't THAT much to do for the Brain render.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks chaps. According to filenames, this would be WIP #4 of "Tatt Girl" - finally displaying the tatt! It LOOKS like it has nicer lighting than previosuly, but it doesn't - that's a skin shader applied to the surface and tweaked to within an inch of its life to reduce the tendency towards pinkishness (not eliminate, just reduce drastically). Leaving her with better skin behaviour under lighting without taking away significantly from the "pale and interesting" look IMHO.

I know I've got to add the earring in, not sure but this might be nearly done.

Dragon is vexing me, I may drop it for a while as it's just not going where I want it to - in which case I have the "Brains" image and other dragon based images calling to me while that one festers.

19mpsk.png

I don't actually like tatts much myself, but I THINK it works in that image. Gets the logo in, anyway ;)

Ta,

Cool - I've edited my first post in this thread to be a "current status" page, so it lists all the images at their most recent (except the dragon because I haven't uploaded a recent one of that... or the OTHER dragon one which is lost in the other thread somewhere...hmmm...may need to update...).

Other than quick updates like that, I'm out of here for a day or two I think - got to get up early in the morning so should go get some rest.

If anyone wants me to add their images into the first post - nag me when I post here again :)

Ta,

I'd like to place a vote for the "smirk" version.
But only if others are interested in it too, as I already got my shot in the heart :wub:

I am reminded of
mirrors_edge.jpg

Might be a good idea to mention that I had nothing to do with the creation of the previous picture.

Vlynndar said:
I am reminded of
mirrors_edge.jpg

Might be a good idea to mention that I had nothing to do with the creation of the previous picture.

Mirror's Edge was great! Faith looks really cool too. I agree with borgqueenx about more renders of the girl.

Hmm, I'm not feeling it with the skin, in all honesty the tone is wrong. Ask my mum, she's an esthetician.
I can also tell because when I mouse over humans of any color, my mouse inverts the colors and the cursor turns quite blue. Not so here...

amf66 said:
Hey! Where'd you get an elvish cursor? :blink:

Some guy gave it to me. He called himself "BonziBuddy" or something.

Monk said:
- striped image -
I don't actually like tatts much myself, but I THINK it works in that image. Gets the logo in, anyway ;)
Wow, she looks cute. I just have weird feeling from black background. Can you try something little brighter? I mean, her dress doesn't have any contrast with background, so if background has got some very dark blue (blue shade of black)... ( pretty please :) )

Thanks Mali - the concern is appreciated. I am home from surgery and appear to have survived. However, I overestimated how fit for doing graphic work I would be - but apparently I should be in a better position in about Two Week TM.

Of course I hope to post some updates much sooner than that, but I have a severely enforced cutback.

Back