Wallpapers And Other Graphics Wanted!

I just thought that everything should be on the right to leave space for icons on the desktop

X x Ben x X said:
I just thought that everything should be on the right to leave space for icons on the desktop
Oh, right, the icons...

Should have thought of that when I made this:
http://pandorawalls.dyndns.org/node/34
pandora-sized

That image is too contrast-rich, but I probably won't be having any desktop icons anyways so it won't matter.

Oh and sorry for switching themes again on PandoraWalls, but the old one had some issues...

Last edited by a moderator:
Beepo said:
Here's my efforts....
Feel free to add Pandora logos etc...

I really like the first two especially... the light plays very well in those.
The third I can't make up my mind about; it makes me think of the world going under or something :p

<shamelessPlug>
You should totally upload those to pandorawalls.dyndns.org!
We are really lacking in the photo department!
</shamelessPlug>

that bee one is totally pimpin
if only my post-apocalyptic landscape were fertile enough to support bees... sigh.

X x Ben x X said:
this one has shifted text so it looks better

I's leave the text off altogether, personally. The neon logo is enough all by itself.

Whale.jpg

This symbolizes the beast that the pandora is beneath its surface :) And it is photo from my vacation to norway.

and another one

sami.jpg

these are actually photos made by my girlfriend I cant use my own because the were made on a analog slr hehe I think thats why the pandora is also for me I like retro, he says while he puts a new vinyl on.

Bosbeetle said:
these are actually photos made by my girlfriend
With an Olympus FE-5000/X-905 camera, eh? Pretty darn good camera, but I'm still amazed that you(plural) managed to get that sharp a shot without a tripod (or did you have one?)

BTW the Scandes (or fjäll as they are called here in Sweden) are really beautiful... One of the most ancient mountains in the world (surface-wise; all mountains are equally old if you measure melting age). Used to wander in them quite a lot a couple of years ago...

dflemstr said:
Bosbeetle said:
these are actually photos made by my girlfriend
With an Olympus FE-5000/X-905 camera, eh? Pretty darn good camera, but I'm still amazed that you(plural) managed to get that sharp a shot without a tripod (or did you have one?)

BTW the Scandes (or fjäll as they are called here in Sweden) are really beautiful... One of the most ancient mountains in the world (surface-wise; all mountains are equally old if you measure melting age). Used to wander in them quite a lot a couple of years ago...

without a tripod indeed I gave her that camera in the plane towards finland (we did a tour of finmark/lapland how you might call it :p in two weeks from rovaniemi to the lofoten then to the nordkapp and back to rovaniemi)so she was still learning how to use it :D

I think we're definately going to have a problem where storage space for these is going to reflect on which wallpapers are chosen, as there are just too many that are too good. So my thoughts here are:

1. Priority is likely to be given to images which feature the Pandora logo, with other images less likely to be chosen
2. We are going to need a "Wallpaper" section, possibly with collected wallpaper "bundles", in the Pandora file archive/appstore/repository/whatever-it-is, simply because this good stuff shouldn't go to waste.

Erm.. that's about it, really.

(naw)mcx said:
Just because you never asked, some more fractal art!
Nice stuff, do you have any of these at higher resolutions? Around 2048*1536 would be nice.

Titcher said:
(naw)mcx said:
Just because you never asked, some more fractal art!
Nice stuff, do you have any of these at higher resolutions? Around 2048*1536 would be nice.

Sorry, I can't get any that high res atm.

I'm starting to save future ones, so I'll be able to whip up some big ass version though :)

Back