Wanted - Sega Saturn

How much do they go for?

I have one with a switch that switches between Japanese and US version. No chip though.

I have 2 saturns, a skeleton and a normal US version. The skeleton i use an action reply with, and it works like a charm...mostly. The reason I bought the US one (20 USD shipped from iignotus iirc) is because to my dismay, panzer dragoon saga is one of about 4 titles that the replay doesnt work with.

What am I getting at? Pick up any version you can and grab an AR with it. You will NOT be disappointed.

Unless you wanna play PDS ;)

tbh im just after something cheap to play nights, sonic and a few other old favourites on, dont think i can afford PDS anyway! Hopefully someones got something

daclassicgamingmaster said:
Well then yeah, grab a regular saturn and an action replay. That little device for a couple extra bucks will allow you to play 98% of all imports!
Mine has a switch that actually switches the hardware jumpers on the main board that were used to designate the country of origin. No faffing about with converter carts etc. Just flip the switch and the Saturn becomes identical in hardware to a Japanese version.

I would assume it would then play 100% of imports.

How much is it worth? I was thinking of throwing it on ebay.

Last edited by a moderator:
bundles seem to go for between 20-30, plus postage depending on games/accesories (pads guns etc). Region modding doesnt seem to add a lot of value tbh as action replays/4-in-1 carts that let you play imports are so common.

Dyou have any games to go with it or is it just the console by itself?

DaveC said:
Well then yeah, grab a regular saturn and an action replay. That little device for a couple extra bucks will allow you to play 98% of all imports!
Mine has a switch that actually switches the hardware jumpers on the main board that were used to designate the country of origin. No faffing about with converter carts etc. Just flip the switch and the Saturn becomes identical in hardware to a Japanese version.

I would assume it would then play 100% of imports.

How much is it worth? I was thinking of throwing it on ebay.

No faffing involved. The AR cart sits in the cartridge slot at all times, and you just throw in whatever disc you want. :p

I was gonna get mine modded, but it's a skeleton model and all....no holes/cutting, no thanks :lol:

loz_the_guru said:
bundles seem to go for between 20-30, plus postage depending on games/accesories (pads guns etc). Region modding doesnt seem to add a lot of value tbh as action replays/4-in-1 carts that let you play imports are so common.

Dyou have any games to go with it or is it just the console by itself?
Oh I just read that part about "UK only" I guess that won't help you. NTSC doesn't work too well with PAL equipment.

The reason I bought the US one (20 USD shipped from iignotus iirc) is because to my dismay, panzer dragoon saga is one of about 4 titles that the replay doesnt work with.

There is an AR code that allows you to bypass Panzer Dragoon Saga's cartridge check.

epitaph said:
The reason I bought the US one (20 USD shipped from iignotus iirc) is because to my dismay, panzer dragoon saga is one of about 4 titles that the replay doesnt work with.

There is an AR code that allows you to bypass Panzer Dragoon Saga's cartridge check.

Really?! Since when? Or more importantly, can you link me to where I can find information about it? I'd love to have the expensive better looking unit on display rather than the scratched black one ;) :( :D

epitaph said:

Really?! Since when? Or more importantly, can you link me to where I can find information about it? I'd love to have the expensive better looking unit on display rather than the scratched black one ;) :( :D

Here you go: http://www.panzerdragoon.net/secrets/pds_a...eplay_codes.php.

epitaph said:
epitaph said:

Here you go: http://www.panzerdragoon.net/secrets/pds_a...eplay_codes.php.

:eek:

Thanks so much epi, I really owe you one for this. I'm gonna try this out tomorrow :)

Back