War Driving?

Status
Not open for further replies.

huufarted

Still Fresh
There have been projects in the past where a laptop is used to find and determine a wi-fi hotspot's WEP key. Obviously, the ARM isn't a 3 GHz 64 bit dual core CPU, but this should still be very feasible with the Pandora. You'd have to recompile a few of the scripts/programs, but any reason this wouldn't be able to function as a war driving PC?

The information's all available, it's just a matter of (possible) recompiling it to work on the Pandora.

http://docs.lucidinteractive.ca/index.php/...reless_Networks

I apologize if this is not the type of post you want on the forums. It's just always interested me. I'd like to do it to my own specifically to see how hard of a time someone else would have of ripping through my 'security'. If this could do that...

Since people have been prosecuted for stealing wireless signals, I would say this is skirting on the boundaries of legality.

Discussed multiple times on here as well if you had searched first.

Closing due to that, the fact thats it's a legal grey area, and the fact that it most likely will not be possible with the Pandora as you need custom Wifi drivers, and the Pandora's drivers are closed source.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back