Warcraft

M-HT

Very Active Member
Website
github.com
Hi,

here's the next version of Warcraft for the GP2X.

List of changes:
* insert delays into victory screen
+ new action for button mapping: macro for key followed by left mouse click (e.g. one-click move/attack/...)
+ new action for button mapping: combination left mouse click/select group (acts like left mouse button, when mouse is moved during click, switches to select group)
* fixed playing music at startup

Warcraft beta 2 on the gp2x archive:
CODE
http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,20,2746

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent!

Loving the new combination mappings. Immediately changed the Left-click to the CTRL+Left-click combo, and the A, M, & S keys to their respective combo keys, as well as added the H combo key. Really makes a difference. Thanks for adding them. :D

I can confirm that the music and the victory dialogue are now playing properly.

The limited touchscreen support is still messed up like before. Looking forward when a full touchscreen support would be added in the future.

Thank you very much. I really enjoy playing this. :)

'Manjuu' said:
Loving the new combination mappings. Immediately changed the Left-click to the CTRL+Left-click combo, and the A, M, & S keys to their respective combo keys, as well as added the H combo key. Really makes a difference. Thanks for adding them. :D
Hi Manjuu, could you please post the modified keyconfig you're using? It's not very clear to me how should I set it up. Thank you! jose

Man I am so mad that I haven't had a minute to try this. But thank you for your awesome work.

wraggster said:
what other games are possible using this method ?

i would personally love to see theme park on the gp2x :)
Take a look at some of other static compiled games, a more in depth discussion took place on what type of dos games will work.

FYI to everyone, I have version 1.22 on CD, the data files dont work correctly with the movies. In game seems to work fine. Using version 1.21 worked fine.

'wraggster' said:
'Pickle' said:
Take a look at some of other static compiled games, a more in depth discussion took place on what type of dos games will work.
In short, this method should work (in theory) on games that use dos extender. In praxis, you don't know until you try it, because there might be some unforseen problems.

'jose' said:
Hi Manjuu, could you please post the modified keyconfig you're using? It's not very clear to me how should I set it up. Thank you! jose
My current button mappings:
CODE

[...]

Button_Y=Action_combo_mouse_left_button_select_group
Button_A=Action_macro_key_m_mouse_left_button
Button_B=Action_macro_key_a_mouse_left_button
Button_X=Action_macro_key_h_mouse_left_button
Button_Select=Action_key_esc

Button_R+Y=Action_key_enter
Button_R+A=Action_key_s
Button_R+B=Action_key_backspace
Button_R+X=Action_key_f2
Button_R+Select=Action_virtual_keyboard

Button_Vol-=Action_volume_decrease
Button_Vol+=Action_volume_increase

Button_R+Vol-=Action_key_f5
Button_R+Vol+=Action_key_f8

'Pickle' said:
[...]
FYI to everyone, I have version 1.22 on CD, the data files dont work correctly with the movies. In game seems to work fine. Using version 1.21 worked fine.
I tried the CD version (v1.21), and the movies and dialogues (non-in-game) were mixed up or not working correctly.

'M-HT' said:
'wraggster' said:
'Pickle' said:
In short, this method should work (in theory) on games that use dos extender. In praxis, you don't know until you try it, because there might be some unforseen problems.

Great work again, M-HT!!!

just a suggestion for another recompilation target: have you tried Settlers, aka Serf city??

'sepulep' said:
just a suggestion for another recompilation target: have you tried Settlers, aka Serf city??
I tried playing Settlers once, but it didn't catch my interest.

I love all your releases!

Played through the entire orc's campaign with the new combo mappings, I had to slow down game time towards the end as this is just not meant to be done with a joy pad! Multi player would be awesome, but I understand why you never intend to implement it.

Keep on rocking :)

'Manjuu' said:
'jose' said:
My current button mappings:
CODE

[...]

Button_Y=Action_combo_mouse_left_button_select_group
Button_A=Action_macro_key_m_mouse_left_button
Button_B=Action_macro_key_a_mouse_left_button
Button_X=Action_macro_key_h_mouse_left_button
Button_Select=Action_key_esc

Button_R+Y=Action_key_enter
Button_R+A=Action_key_s
Button_R+B=Action_key_backspace
Button_R+X=Action_key_f2
Button_R+Select=Action_virtual_keyboard

Button_Vol-=Action_volume_decrease
Button_Vol+=Action_volume_increase

Button_R+Vol-=Action_key_f5
Button_R+Vol+=Action_key_f8

thank you but how do i select a unit/building now? :-o

'jose' said:
[...]

thank you but how do i select a unit/building now? :-o
Same, the Y-button. It still acts as a left-click when tapped. It only becomes a dragging box if you hold down the button, then move the cursor. Basically, it is just emulating the left-click of more modern RTS games (like Warcraft II). Just try it, and you'll understand. :)

'M-HT' said:
'sepulep' said:

that's a pity! It is a slow game, but once you get into it is sort of meshmerizing....

'sepulep' said:
'M-HT' said:
'sepulep' said:

that's a pity! It is a slow game, but once you get into it is sort of meshmerizing....

I like settlers 2 as I like to collect things :D.

ive noticed some things on the wiz version and im wondering if anyone using the gp2x version has also seen. Some of this may just be issues with the original game.

1. The worst is a lock up after a certain amount of time. The music continues but the game locks up. Saving occasionally seems to increase the time until it occurs.
2. Going into pause mode and coming back the game runs very fast, going into the ingame menu restores the set speed.
3. The in game volume doesnt take effect until going into the option setting where you can change the volume.

Back