GP2X Warcraft2 In Gp2x?

first off: old news.
Also, THIS IS THE WRONG FORUM!!! use the cool ideas and suggestions board.

actually no, I was frank, not rude. You will quickly learn that you need to stick to the rules on these boards. There are members that are way more mean than I am... I was thinking about being rude but I thought it would be better not to.

This would have been rude:

ZOMG w3 kn0w3z feX1ng n00b, 4nD l3rn to0 spel u 455h0l3!!!!!111!!!1111!!!111!!1111eleventyone!!!
(Note: not actually a quote)

However we refrained from doing so. :)

JimmySlam posted on Sep 18 2006 at 07:26 PM said:
A warcraft2 engine . source code available to compile for linux...

Gp2x, get ready for the warcraft2!

Wargus + Stratagus Engine

Check this out!

Got the source code, haven't had chance to look at it yet but sure would be interested in porting to the GP2X.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a problem with that, and we need more power and stuff:

Hardware Requirements

* Processor: A 300 MHz CPU (faster recommended).
NOTE: Stratagus is believed to be endian and word size safe, so other architectures like (big endian) PPC or (64bit) Alpha should also work at least with Linux.

* Memory: 64 MB of RAM.

* Video Card: Any graphics card that can handle 16 bpp and 640x480 is supported. (Use of OpenGL requires a 32MB Card)

* Sound Card: Optional.

FULL LIST HERE

Gadget posted on Sep 18 2006 at 06:05 PM said:
JimmySlam posted on Sep 18 2006 at 07:26 PM said:
A warcraft2 engine . source code available to compile for linux...

Gp2x, get ready for the warcraft2!

Wargus + Stratagus Engine

Check this out!

Got the source code, haven't had chance to look at it yet but sure would be interested in porting to the GP2X.
You might want to talk to BuD for his source code. He got screen and controls working already iirc.

@xnopasaranx: come on that was pretty rude, it is a pretty good idea that might have been posted before but not enough times to get annoying like some other posts ::cough:: n64 emulator ::cough:: ::cough:: I mean we wanna keep these forums as friendly as possible. Thats what drives people to gp32x and the gp2x. :D

well it wasn`t meant to be rude! I was seriously only being frank because I actually requested the wargus myself before!!! I really didn`t want to sound rude! Holy crap guys... honestly! If I wanted to, it would have been worse, you know what an ass I can be.

xnopasaranx posted on Sep 19 2006 at 08:09 PM said:
well it wasn`t meant to be rude! I was seriously only being frank because I actually requested the wargus myself before!!! I really didn`t want to sound rude! Holy crap guys... honestly! If I wanted to, it would have been worse, you know what an ass I can be.

Are you joking? Or did you seriously think it was frank rather then rude?

If you were frank, it would have been a statement, capitals and exclamation marks removed.

There is a reason why they are called exclamation marks.

The sentence would not have any emotives. Being frank is to tell someone something negative that they do not already know in a direct non-tailored manner.

If you want to be frank and rude at the same time, you have to write like oscar wilde.

Okay whatever... So I did use exclamation marks and capital letters. I even gave advice as to use another forum on the boards. I did not insult in any way, I don`t understand what the hell was so wrong and rude about my comment. I really am not joking and I think it is pretty picky to analyze the grammar of my comment and tell me that`s why it`s supposed to be rude. Just forget about the little remark I made, only two sentences and go on with your lives... gosh... already said that it wasn`t meant to be rude, which should really be a kind of apology :rolleyes:

Back