Watching Xvid

Rom Raptor

Still Fresh
i tried a few xvids with the bundled player and with ffplay. in the bundled one they didn't start and in ffplay they were so choppy that they were unwatchable. do i need to reencode the movies to get lower resolution or something and if so, how do i do that?

if it didn't start with the build in player is the fault of an use of unsupported fonction of the xvid ;)
you would have to recomprese the movie with no advanced xvid fonction like qpel.

ffplay is not optimised and if you want to see movie with it you have to overclock your gp2x or reduice the movie resolution ;)

if i have 1.4.0 firmware i can't overclock right?
which app should i get for recompressing the xvids (i use win xp)?

trhere a lot of apps to recomprese like realanime, staxRip...

you could overclock with a script using cpuspeed in commande line

Thanks. I'll look up staxRip. Any particular settings that I need to use?
How much can I overclock and how safe is it?

The built-in media player freezes for me whenever I overclock the cpu. I believe this is since i'm only overclocking the main one (940?), and since the built-in mplayer uses hardware decoding with the second processor.

EDIT: Though overclocking in general on this device is extremely safe.

yes use vdub is simple too ;) juste launch vdub drag and drop the movie on it then go to the menu video and select compression and choose xvid with non particular option juste set the beat rate and go to the audio menu and select direct stream copy if is not selected and in the end menu file save as avi

Back