We Need More Rpgs!

Deep Thought

Website
Visit site
We need to somehow get more GamePark exclusive rpgs. I realize that it's difficult to get major teams and/or companies to release titles for a small system, but hey, Dicing Knight is coming to Wonderswan! How could the community possibly go about rounding up some rpg releases?

Being a rpg fan, i couldn't agree with you more. :ph34r: There are good korean cormercial rpgs out like goddess saga but it's in korean (no duh). Haha i'm korean so i have no problems. :p

Ah yes, but Goddess Saga has been put on hold for the time being (likely Team Eternity wants to see how the European release goes). *kicks team eternity*. I've been meaning to learn Korean for a while now, seeing as how I don't know any Non-Romance languages and it seemed a good one to start with. It seems, however, that no universities in my area have Korean language classes...

soon you will be begging people to STOP posting their rpgs they make with gigas engine..

LOL, probably true. Hopefully we can get a few good ones though :p

i hope we get some nice remakes with the gigas engine...kingdom hearts on the go....drool...2 bad ff7 wouldn't be possible...with the gigas engine that is ;)

well.... :):) i am helping pirotic out by doing spritework. i have made around 4 that are suitable for rpg maker, but pirotic's gigas engine can support more than that and the file that he sent me had room for 6 frames. so i am changing my 3 frame (2 for walking and one for standing still) to 6 frame (6 just for walking and seperate sprites for standing in each direction). the only problem i had is the feet in all of those frames, but i have been getting better with the few i have done.

< you see my avatar? have you seen the characters face in pirotic's gigas enginge? (cronos from chroncrisis crrently) well that is the face of a character i sent to pirotic. hopefully he will make his way somehow into the next release.

i am also going to be making an rpg with the gigas engine... but i will be waiting for the pc editor which will come after the built-in editor. i will also try to help out pirotic as much as i can. my own rpg will be alot like the matrix/metal gear/furi kuri! it will have thigns like hacking in them, so you can hack the system and get cool stuff to make the gameplay funner. some stealth/action parts. and a funny story.

well he gave me his current sprite set, and it had room for expansion, he only had 2 spots filled. so i am working on adding some more. i have 3 spots filled with 2 differant characters (the first 2 sposts i used were to see what type of walking animation would work best, and the 3rd was what i decided would look best) i sent him the set with the first 2 and not the 3rd becuase i am working on filling the entire file up with characters. so i assume that, yes he can import character because it would be useless if he could not. but i would wait for him to answer all of the questions since i am not helping him develop the actual engine, just some spritework.

Yes! More RPGs! We need to blow up those Comie bastards!!! DIE YOU ALL!

Hehe, premature posting...

Anyways, if any coder out there wants an idea for an RPG, let me know. Well, it's not new/original, it's more of a remake idea. But I think people would like it if it could be done. I believe it can but it could take some work.

enslaved: well i have a few, they all basically look like something that you would find on an rpg maker game. but these arent ripped i made these myself. and i am going through and adding 3 more frames to each of them so it is kinda hard. i am also addind some effects to my 3rd and 4th ones, like moving hair, to give an effect of the character actually moving. there is a ninja sprite, the archangel (wings, trenchcoat, and a sword :) ), a bounty hunter, a big beefy soldier, and a knight. they are just random characters. but i will make ones that are more fit to the type of game that i plan to make and some to help out pirotic if he needs some for his game.

all praise pirotic
and you could do a ff7 remake, just in 2d like that oot2d project
I would love to try this once he releases the computer editor

~Octavious

Octavious posted on Apr 19 2004 at 08:11 AM said:
all praise pirotic
and you could do a ff7 remake, just in 2d like that oot2d project
I would love to try this once he releases the computer editor

~Octavious
but i thought that the gigas engine would be an action rgp style? in which case TRUE ff7 wouldn't work...

altho i thought that it may be a fun project to make a ff7 remake, i don't have the best of coding skills...but i am getting there...

JUST for the sake of playing around with the idea(!!!!!) does anyone know of a FF7 hacking utility that will allow me to extract the gfx from the pc or psx version?

Last edited by a moderator:
RPGs to me have gotten stale.

To me it seems if you've played one, you've played them all. They keep my attention for an hour before just boring me.

Like FFVII.

Yet regardless, I still want to try Xenogears...

Back