Weight

Fishbong posted on Sep 5 2006 at 01:20 PM said:
Wait, i got the miles/kilometers conversion wrong. Actually it was just 4,3km=2,671896 miles. Still not bad...

Nvm... I got my math wrong

Last edited by a moderator:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Sep 5 2006 at 01:12 AM said:
No. When someone askes how much you can lift, they USUALLY mean bench, which entails lifting something straight up using one's arms.

Yeah funny that. I was thinking only the other day as I was single handedly manhandling our new UPS into a server room not much bigger than a cupboard, "Why don't I lie flat on my back on a nearby bench?" And then I remembered that hardly ever are you required to lift things in real life from a bench press position.

BaDToaD posted on Sep 6 2006 at 02:26 PM said:
No. When someone askes how much you can lift, they USUALLY mean bench, which entails lifting something straight up using one's arms.

Yeah funny that. I was thinking only the other day as I was single handedly manhandling our new UPS into a server room not much bigger than a cupboard, "Why don't I lie flat on my back on a nearby bench?" And then I remembered that hardly ever are you required to lift things in real life from a bench press position.

Although we don't often find ourselves in a position where we are lifting in such a way. It is a good way to make arbitrary judgements about upper body strength.

BaDToaD posted on Sep 6 2006 at 11:26 AM said:

It's the only real way to judge. "How much can you lift" in any context other than what you can lift with specific weights (e.g. in a gym) puts far too much focus on size and shape rather than weight.

edit: It is the also the only real way to know how much weight you are lifting. "How much can you lift?" quite obviously means "how much weight can you lift?", and "I can lift a girl", "I can lift a car" or "I can lift a filing cabinet" doesn't mean anything, because they all weigh different amounts, and nobody is going to weigh them. Actual weights however say how much they weigh on them.

I can lift more than my bodyweight. But I don't weigh much.
I haven't actually tried recently...

I tried to clim on the back of a trailer last night. Normally I can do it no problem but when i tried it felt like my hands detached from my body for a few seconds.

I can happily lift constant 8kg above my head 8 hours straight now though.

Goity posted on Sep 7 2006 at 08:04 PM said:
I can lift 2 elephants, though this isn't actually too good as I weigh 4000 stone.

thats only 56000LBS your not fat just not many people got the cinema and become the screen

I weigh 70kg and last time i checked (which was over a year ago) i could bench 70 pounds. Never did much benching anyway. I can squat with 100 pounds on my shoulders.

on a good day i can squat 210Kg for reps,

then again i do goto the gym a lot for a long time (7 years) :p

Twimfy posted on Sep 10 2006 at 12:35 PM said:
With a Nintendo powerglove I can lift 7 camels and a slightly dehydrated beaver all at once with 1 finger!!!!

Amazing. Fapping heaven right there.

Back