Welcome To The Fantasy Zone!

Gricey said:
Derek said:
I am slightly confused by some of your sizes you have. How do you have 5.3G of SNES and 3.5G of Genesis? I have pretty much ever game and my sizes are not that much. Of course I don't have an exact number for you but I know that I have more space taken by my GBA library which is over 4G. Another thats confusing is your gameboy color, those games are so small how do you have 1.3G? Also AMIGA you have 24G? How on earth do you have that much? I have 234+ games right now for AMIGA and its only like 1G! Of course all this is assuming that the G means GB really.

What you're forgetting is there is often a LOT of material available for these old platforms. People collect "ROM sets" which can often include many duplicates of a single application, because they want to collect and preserve every version out there. Think of all the PD scene for Amiga, the Demo scene, the music, the apps, and trust me, there are LOTS of games for the humble old Miggy.

Yeah I stay away from all of those multiples. I'd gotten a pack of Starfox2 and it had like 9 versions, all I wanted was the translated version and I'm good. Looking through stuff like Amiga and Sega CD I just picked a few favorites rather than grabbing a bunch of stuff I might just play once and go "meh." I would try whittling down my MAME collection too but a quite a few games rely on other ROM sets for files to make them playable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alpha2 said:
I would try whittling down my MAME collection too but a quite a few games rely on other ROM sets for files to make them playable.
MAWS is quite handy for looking up what relies on what, if that's of any help. :p

Prometheus said:
Alpha2 said:
I would try whittling down my MAME collection too but a quite a few games rely on other ROM sets for files to make them playable.
MAWS is quite handy for looking up what relies on what, if that's of any help. :p

I'll give it a shot and see if it does. I forget which version of MAME will the Pandora version be based on? That alone might help make a few obvious cuts if the version isnt compatible with certain games in general.

I was just going to ask the same thing, I think, ...

I got a load of mame roms that I play on my ps3 and laptop, they are version 0.37, or they work on my 0.37 version of mame.
You rekon they will be good to go, or likely I will have to d/l newer versions?

Back