Welcome To The Fantasy Zone!

Gricey

Website
www.mikegrice.com
So... I want to get ready! Is there anywhere documented that I can follow to get myself a couple of SD cards configured with games and ready to rock? I know we're using PNDs now, are there prerolled PNDs for SNES & Amiga so I can start making my unholy SD's of emulation joy?

There's nothing stopping you from putting your stuff onto SD Cards already. Just drop the PNDs in when they become available. :p

There may, or may not be PND's for the emulators, but the roms you'll have to get on your own. Just stick em in a folder on the memorystick, and your all set for when a emulator is decided on...
B!

Mr B said:
There may, or may not be PND's for the emulators, but the roms you'll have to get on your own. Just stick em in a folder on the memorystick, and your all set for when a emulator is decided on...
B!

That bit I do know - I'm doing emulation on bigger boxes than the pandy already... I just want to be in a position where I rip open the packaging and stick in my premade cards before I slip into a nostalgia related coma and get fired from my job for not turning up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gricey said:
Mr B said:
B!

That bit I do know - I'm doing emulation on bigger boxes than the pandy already... I just want to be in a position where I rip open the packaging and stick in my premade cards before I slip into a nostalgia related coma and get fired from my job for not turning up.
If you're like me, ripping all the games in your collection takes quite a bit of time :)
Edit: May spend my wait trying to build myself something to dump my intellivision collection.
Edit2: Gotta get er done before the campaign contributers down in the U.S. have their way with our yet-unspoiled legislation and it becomes illegal!

I spent a couple of weeks downloading Amiga and Sega CD games. I already had a huge collection of NES, SNES, GEN, TG16 and MAME games(some will work, some wont) I'd say I have roughly about 10gb of content already to put on my 16gb card. Also a few PSX games, but I'm thinking I'm going to wait to see what compatibility is like first before I start loading up a card with that.

Alpha2 said:
I spent a couple of weeks downloading Amiga and Sega CD games. I already had a huge collection of NES, SNES, GEN, TG16 and MAME games(some will work, some wont) I'd say I have roughly about 10gb of content already to put on my 16gb card. Also a few PSX games, but I'm thinking I'm going to wait to see what compatibility is like first before I start loading up a card with that.

I'm gonna need a bigger boat.

That said, I have DS in there which the Pandy can't do.

Code:
gricey@quicksilver:/mnt/gigantor/Emulation# du -sh *
24G	Amiga
1.8G	Amstrad
2.7G	Atari
453M	BBC Micro
4.7G	C64
129G	DS
304M	Gameboy
1.3G	GameboyColour
80M	GameGear
178G	MAME
3.5G	MegaDrive
5.7G	N64
19G	PinMAME
121G	PSX
5.3G	SNES
246M	Spectrum

x68000 said:
^ Who says there won't/can't be a DS emulator?

there can't be, we did not find a good way to show the two screens...

Elwing said:
we did not find a good way to show the two screens...

Oh boy this again :D (munches popcorn)

Elwing said:
x68000 said:

LOL

Edit: A Ninja came while i was logging in

Namo said:
Not trying to be "That Guy" but whats a PND?

http://kultpower.de/pandoravideos/?vid=149

How come the Oric doesn't get any love?

Oricutron emulator, already ported to Pandora's OS (Angstrom) and running quite well already on Beagle and Touchbook hardware ..

Oric ROMS - quite a few legally available, here.

So, this is one legal emulator that can be packed up with quite a few nice things and be ready to run the moment you have a Pandora. I already arranged with Peter Gordon (oricutron author) to get the sources prepared so that they can be built *on* the Pandora itself, so its going to be good to go as soon as we have Pandora's to use it with.

Oricutron runs on Amiga OS by the way, so its quite feasible to run an Oric emu in the Amiga emu .. ;)

Elwing said:
x68000 said:

But at least is useful for some games, for example Mario Kart DS.

mario-kart-ds-image1.jpg

Is a good idea to display the upper screen and do a quick switch with some button to see the map (if you have played before it is not really useful).

I'll grab a drink too.

@Gricey: Holy Moly! How have you ended up with 453 MB of BBC micro games? Considering a BBC disc was 100K and you could usually for 4 to 7 games on each one, that works out at least around 18120 games!

Back